Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet Lanchettes - Prodains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm considering a cheeky weekend at the end of March at Chalet Lanchettes, run by Adventurebase, near the Prodains gondola in Morzine / Avoriaz. I was looking for some feedback from anyone who has stopped in the chalet and at the end of Prodains valley as to what's there, bar / apres ski wise.

Thanks in advance

Steve
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bump
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not stayed at Chalet Lanchettes in Prodain so can't comment on that. We stayed at the Hotel Le Lans, which is a bit further down, which I can't recommend enough. Apres ski wise, not much going on in Prodain. There are a couple of small hotels at the bottom. My preference is the little cabin owned by two, old, mad French ladies. They do beer, coffee and crepes that sort of thing with a huge smile. No thumping music or dancing on tables but its a great place to sit and watch the carnage at the end of the day at the bottom of Le Crot. I think it's shut by 6 though. All serious après is in Morzine or Avoriaz. There are buses that run regularly during the day to Morzine. However, after 7 at night it's a taxi and they're not cheap. Alternatively, there is the gondola up to Avoriaz but not sure what time that runs to.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last time we stayed in Prodains, it was jan 2007. As well as little night life there was little snow (none in fact)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NE1 wrote:
Last time we stayed in Prodains, it was jan 2007. As well as little night life there was little snow (none in fact)

A bit misleading!!! Just because there wasn't snow when he/she was there doesn't mean there won't be snow when you go. There is currently loads of snow in the PDS and its not likely to disappear that quickly, so I'm sure you'll be fine at the end of March. Prodains is quiet but is also perfectly placed for skiing - enjoy. Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There was plenty of snow two weeks before we arrived, a huge dump. Then a foehn wind came in and destroyed it. The river in morzine was in full flow, we were walking in tshirts. There was plenty of snow in and around Avoriaz but little to none in Prodains and morzine. We enjoyed the skiing when it wasn't raining. As this winter is the mildest winter since 2007 I was merely urging caution, especially as temps look very mild according to Noza over the next two weeks. However, as we know, weather forecasting is not an exact science.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

2007 was pretty bad. At present, much of the northern French Alps has above average snow cover. This was the view from my apartment in February 2007! You could still ski to the bottom of the chairlift (not with particular enjoyment, it has to be said) but I have not seen it that bad when the chairlift closes, usually about 24 April, any year other than the year (was it 2011?) when many resorts closed early. There is a metre of snow over that area at the moment. That doesn't mean that the next month or so won't be catastrophic. Who knows? But comparisons with 2007 are not particularly relevant.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Prodains is pretty much a car park and lift station. Not sure i'd want to stay there.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Prodains is pretty much a car park and lift station. Not sure i'd want to stay there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for you help guys in the end I've booked somewhere in Montriond.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy