Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski shops in St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having failed miserably to find the skis I really wanted to try out in Courchevel, despite you kind folks' best efforts, I'm off to St Anton in a couple of weeks. Partly due to the slightly ridiculous hire costs there I'd love to buy some skis. I've narrowed down my choice to three: the Volkl Kendo (177cm), the Blizzard Brahma (180cm) and the Scott "The Ski" (175cm). I've managed to find one shop that has the Kendos but am failing (again) to find any stockists of the others. The dream (of course) would be to find a shop that has all three and allows try-before-you-buy... Can anyone suggest any shops that might be able to help?

Thanks very much in advance,
Ben
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jennewein or Alber are the two that stock lots of the freeride gear
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jennewein is my favourite. They do allow you to demo, and definitely stock Blizzard at least. Ask for Geoffrey.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
...or Jurgen at their Nasserein store.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+ 1 for Jennewein. Kirchbaum also have a good range. I'd bet a large beer that Jennewein stock Voelkls and I'm pretty sure they have Scott too. FWIW I'm a recent convert to Scott, I got a beaten up pair of Crusades and they are superb, I gather they ski similar to The Ski.

I've had cr@p service from Alber a few times so I don't go there anymore if I can help it [the issues were actually with rentals and the ski lockers, but even so, there are other shops where I don't have to deal with idiots, so I go to those].
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
awesome - thanks very much all! counting down the days...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MrBlondee, have you been yet and if so did you buy any martyn
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey - I'm leaving on Sunday so haven't yet. I'm currently planning to do as everyone suggested and pop in on the sunday afternoon, find some to try and hopefully buy them after a couple of days of testing.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
MrBlondee, just buy the Brahma's & go ski Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just buy the brahma's in the UK Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Turns out those of you who said I should have bought in the uk were right! I'm in st anton, have rented the kendos and absolutely love them, but no one has a pair for sale!! Doh. Conditions, it has to be said, are pretty terrible and I've been really impressed with how the relatively wide kendos have coped with both rock hard ice pack and slush, not to mention the 2% of decent snow I've actually managed to find.

Still, the sun is out and it's gorgeous here, so swings and roundabouts and all that...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy