Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heading to Foppolo on Friday.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
No reason to post this except perhaps for those who have been in foppolo to let us know what they thought of it.
We are going to arrive early on Friday in Bergamo so an hour and a half later we hope to be on the slopes. Just staying till Monday, so even if there isn't a lot of runs we hope to do a bit of off piste and just mess about on whatever runs there are between the three areas. I have checked the webcams and the snow seems very good. I can't wait.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Enjoy! I've loved my Foppolo weekends! Ok not a great deal of skiing (I don't ski off piste) but enough for a fun weekend. We've always went when there were the crazy cheap flights (as I mentioned on your earlier post) which helped make it worthwhile. Don't remember it being too busy at weekend either, only the Sundays were more noticeable. Cheap ski pass as well.

We enjoyed the bar at the bottom left (as you look up the slope) of the main slope in Foppolo. It was owned by the daughter if the owner of the hotel we stay in. Always had lots of freebie après ski snacks!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
b]biddpyat[/b] Foppolo is fairly limited but great because it's so near to Bergamo - we had a trolley dash weekend there where we skied arrival (Saturday) afternoon at the nearby (small but good fun) area of San Simone. On the Sunday we parked at Carona - which saves driving up to Foppolo - and got the chair lift up to the Foppolo area from there.

Should ski hire be required (to avoid extortionate Ryanair ski carriage wink ) it's available at the foot of the slopes at San Simone and at the top of the chair from Carona.

We stayed further down the valley in a sleepy old village whose name escapes me rolling eyes - easy 10 minute drive up to the slopes from there.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah cheers, we are hiring ski's , it makes it easier to just find a Ryanair flight then look up the maps and find a ski resort. I have learned how to pack enough for two days into our two boot bags, ( don't worry no problems with stinky boots) . So we arrive on Friday and will be at the hotel ( beside the chair lift) by 12.30, the plan is a quick whizz to the ski hire, and the hotel have organised a two and a half day ski pass. In that length of time, I am sure that we will have skied everything in the three areas, but sure it's a bit of fun, and as it will be without the kids, we will be able to race and just bumble about. I will let you all know what we think. ( Mind you sun,snow, skis and Italy sure it's better than home any day)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy