Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

can I sell my season lift pass or get some refund???

Poster: A snowHead
For the PdS area. Available from 15th march

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Richard.1, non-refundable and non-transferable I'd have thought.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yes, definitely the case with mine.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's what I would have thought, but anything a bit more concrete as I have seen posts selling???
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, sell or refund???
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Richard.1, you can't do either.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Richard.1, people sell all sorts of things they shouldn't. you need to check the Ts&Cs of the lift company from whom you bought the pass, you;ll find in there something about the pass being non-transferable and no-refundable.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Richard.1, sorry, I see that my post was not at all clear. I was agreeing with Hells Bells. Completely prohibited, as is robbing banks, but that doesn't always stop people. wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
But anyone you sell it to, illegally, needs to be aware that they do check photographs (in our area there are screens in the lift huts which show the pictures far more clearly than on the pass itself) and I imagine they check season passes particularly carefully.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Richard.1, I think in Cham that if you e.g. break a leg and can't use it, you may be able to get a partial refund (I can't recall what was explained at the desk when it was stressed that I should keep my receipt other than it being needed should I lose the thing) - but as I think you're just choosing not to use it, probably no chance.

NB it has an "attached" photograph so not only could the PDS come after you in principle if you sell it, but also the buyer.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Unfortunately I think uann is right and you can only get refunds on the unused part if you are no longer able to ski due to injury/illness, and possibly even then only if you have the insurance (it was certainly Carte Neige who refunded the remainder of my season pass after injury).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My first time with a season pass this year, at L2A I got checked most mornings, terminal in the lifties hut blew up a huge photo of me that could be clearly seen from outside!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name wrote:
Richard.1, I think in Cham that if you e.g. break a leg and can't use it, you may be able to get a partial refund (I can't recall what was explained at the desk when it was stressed that I should keep my receipt other than it being needed should I lose the thing) - but as I think you're just choosing not to use it, probably no chance.

NB it has an "attached" photograph so not only could the PDS come after you in principle if you sell it, but also the buyer.

Yebbut even "insured" passes pro rate the days you've used it at something close to daily rate IIRC so if you've done over 20 days there is unlikely to be anything left.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatbob, I'm probably entirely wrong in the first place anyway and there's no cash back without "real" insurance.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Can't remember how much it was exactly but I got a significant portion of the season pass money back, having injured myself in February, when the season pass cost was equal to just 10 days' skiing at normal rates.
snow report
Having bought a season pass this season for 17 days' skiing (cheaper than two separate trip passes) I would suggest that if you have already enjoyed the use of it from the beginning of the season until now, you have definitely had your money's worth already...
ski holidays
Pictures on season passes definitely get checked, I've been with someone who was caught out by that. I suspect they check even more towards the end of the season as that's when people who have bought passes are more likely to have gone home early and passed the pass on to someone else.
latest report
fatbob wrote:
under a new name wrote:

Yebbut even "insured" passes pro rate the days you've used it at something close to daily rate IIRC so if you've done over 20 days there is unlikely to be anything left.

they do pro rata the days from the date you buy it, although there are still a couple of months left on the pass so you should get a good bit back from the insurance (they also let you keep the pass weirdly)

we've just done it on a pass....
ski holidays
My season pass, bought at discounted rate, cost about the same as two full weeks at the normal price. Even last year, when I was out of action beause of an injury for most of the season, I got my moneysworth.
snow report
Quote:

towards the end of the season

when the lifties are most bored, unmotivated and looking forward to a summer's mountain biking?
snow report
eddiethebus, we sent our season passes to our insurers when my husband had an accident. They refunded us the cost of the pass for the trip (although not in full as it was 25€ per day insurance cover), and then sent them back to us, so we were able to sue them again for an end of season trip when he'd recovered.
snow report
under a new name, N American resorts handle it by offerring a bounty on pass fraudsters. My Aussie mate who worked as a ticket scanner in Whistler got $25 bonus for every scammer he busted, fairly decent incentive compared to his hourly wage.
snow conditions
Quote:

N American resorts handle it by offerring a bounty on pass fraudsters.

that sounds like a good idea.
snow report
In my resort, there are lifties and there are ticket scanners. Lifties are seasonal workers who may well be bored and unmotivated. Ticket scanners are locals who work all round for the lift company and who are well-motivated, trusted employees. They know most of the seasonaires by sight and often by name, say 'good morning' and they can usually spot imposters a mile off. Seasonaires - look like they know where they are and what they're doing, return the greeting; at this time of year sporting deep goggle tan. Imposters - palefaced, looking at piste map, rental gear, look of panic when confronted by ticket scanner.
The penalty here is confiscation of the pass, a €70 on-the-spot fine plus the cost of a day-pass. For the seller, if he returns to the resort on another occasion, he will also face a fine and possibly be destined to ski elsewhere as they may refuse to sell him a pass (or only sell him passes on a week-by-week basis)
latest report
Where we are they threaten to confiscate the pass on the spot - a note of caution for all incorrect-pass-holders using the glacier. That's a long walk home!
snow report
For all those saying that lift passes are non-transferable; that's not true in all cases. In all likelihood in this example a transfer won't be possible. But on previous seasons I've worked (in Les Arcs and Meribel) it's been possible to transfer a lift pass for a member of staff who has left for the season and into the name of a newly arriving staff member.

That's probably the leeway you get as a company for buying many staff passes and having customers coming out and buying lift passes for the whole season, of course. But some season passes are transferable.
snow conditions
a mate of mine used to have a photo of an black Labrador on his pass... worked all season long...... mind you this was a long time ago and he was of west indian origin Little Angel
ski holidays
CEM, Laughing Woof! Woof!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dav, You're right, if a TO buys a pass and allocates it to a member of staff and then needs to re-allocate it to a different member of staff then most lift companies will do this, some will charge an admin fee.

As for the OPs question, non refundable non transferable, so claim on your insurance.

If the buyer of a pass is caught ive heard of some resorts ban them from buying passes in future as well as prosecuting them.
latest report
marcellus wrote:

If the buyer of a pass is caught ive heard of some resorts ban them from buying passes in future as well as prosecuting them.

Yeah I think this is the real point for seasonnaires - for the sake of 100 Euro or so is it worth risking your ability to revisit the place you presumably like quite a lot (unless you've done your season in La Rosiere of course wink )
ski holidays
I don't think the OP has an insurance claim. As far as I can work out from another thread he has been in resort most of the season but is due to finish on 15th March, so essentially is looking for a refund for the unused end of season portion of his lift pass, which I'm pretty sure is not available. Lots of people buy season passes because it works out cheaper than buying multiple passes for multiple visits, they are not entitled to refunds for the weeks they haven't used.
snow report
The easiest way of describing the question is this.

He bought a season ticket to save money.

He can now walk back into the same office and tell them that he made a mistake and he doesn't really want a season ticket. He wants to just pay for the weeks hes been in resort.

I thought not.

Some people really have a cheek.
latest report
can I sell my seat in the local all-you-can-eat restaurant or get some refund??? i'm full now and someone else might want the food and i don't really want to pay the full price myself???
snow conditions
jafa wrote:
The easiest way of describing the question is this.

He bought a season ticket to save money.

He can now walk back into the same office and tell them that he made a mistake and he doesn't really want a season ticket. He wants to just pay for the weeks hes been in resort.

I thought not.

Some people really have a cheek.

Put like that.... Of course he can and they'll charge him 75 times the daily rate!
latest report
I haven't played golf since Xmas because of the bloody awful weather.

My green fees are about the same as a season lift pass, do you think they will give me a partial refund until I decide to play again hopefully around Easter, or should I lend my card to someone else who is more hardcore than me.

The greens are still being tended to, so I suppose they should be in good nick when I decide to play again, but that doesn't count because I have decided not to play for a few months.

It's so unfair because there are quite a few retiree's who have bug all to do but play a miserable 9 holes in the morning, go for lunch then play a miserable back 9. They are getting much better value than me and come to think of it they even pay less for their green fees.
snow conditions
Kel, they're not green fees, you are a member.
snow report
DoubleBombardino, bit harsh.
latest report
DoubleBombardino wrote:
Kel, they're not green fees, you are a member.

No where I play, you pay to be a member and pay green fees separately. You can if you want be a none playing member.
snow report
blahblahblah wrote:
DoubleBombardino, bit harsh.

Bit mis-informed Puzzled
snow conditions
confused that's for sure: when I read green fees about = to a season lift pass a fair assumption u meant membership; if you've not played you've not paid green fees, have you?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy