Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste map souvenirs?

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if you can buy piste maps as souvenirs?

I want a couple to frame as gifts but don't want pre folded / uswed ones as they don't look right.

cheers in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
northernsoulboy, I'm sure most of them let you download PDFs from their websites, that way you can get them printed to whatever size you want.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
northernsoulboy, lots of places have laminated ones for sale if that's any use.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both.

Re printed, my own printer isn't much good but in any event if you do print onto ordinary paper won't it fade, and also wrinkle over time (they're wanted for loos where there's moisture in the air)?

(I suppose I could laminate or use better paper, or both, but then the cost and hassle... I might as well order some if I can.)

Re laminated, yep I know they have them in resorts (though they seem from casual memory to be a bit jazzed up with photos etc where all I want is a piste map) but I want to order some online if such a site exists?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
northernsoulboy, which resort map are you wanting to do, I have a cunning suggestion for you? Something I am already working on to follow on from my piste markers Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Aldo re printing from PDFs etc, I'm looking for A2 ish size?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
livetoski, I should have mentioned it to you!

Grand Massif, 3 Val, Espace Killy for starters
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Grand Massif, 3 Val, Espace Killy

Ok what size picture ?, I am working on printed onto a nice wooden board, I don't have prices or anything yet but would do a free one if you are after 3 of them Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
livetoski, I will be interested in purchasing a 3V one when you get your prices sorted! I have a pristine (folded) copy I picked up in resort - was planning to see how it looks on the wall but your version would be much better Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
catclaires, cheers thanks, am working on trying to get the correct detail onto the wood which is an issue, but also more of an issue is the copyright of the piste maps.

Photo's to wood will be fine we need a 300dpi image and the sizes etc working up some samples over the next few weeks to see what we can do with the new kit
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Brilliant, looking forward to it! I'm planning to get one of your piste markers too (moving house within the next few weeks and want the new house to have more of a skiing theme!). Will keep my eye out.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Try the tourist office of the various resorts. I know in St Anton they sell posters of various views around the area, winter and summer, and IIRC also had a piste map version.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think a slightly battered and bruised one might look pretty good. like a pirate treasure map where X marks Folie Douce
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You can get silk handkerchiefs printed with piste maps online. We were gonna get one for a holiday a couple of years back as it would be much more durable. But we left it too late and the delivery date was after the start date of the holiday.
The wood idea sounds great.
We always take home a fresh piste map from our holidays and I've been toying with the idea of wallpapering a feature wall in the house with a collage of them, not sure if they'd be colourfast with the wallpaper paste tho'
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
northernsoulboy, there's some Wipeouts on Edge and Wax http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/advancedsearch.aspx?Term=wipeouts
snow report
dode, Not only are they useful, they are excellent lens cleaners. I think you can also get them on snowforecast.com site.
ski holidays
Hells Bells wrote:
northernsoulboy, there's some Wipeouts on Edge and Wax http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/advancedsearch.aspx?Term=wipeouts

Yep, thanks for that. It's more a print I'm after but ta anyway.
snow conditions
Swissie, cheers.
snow report
We use servicepoint in Cardiff, list of branches http://www.servicepointuk.com/company/locations/ for our timetrial results board in black and white the size is about four foot by 2 foot 6 we email what we want and pick it up, you could email link of piste map and they would do colour for about 15 quid , quality is very high.
snow report
northernsoulboy, you can of course buy the piste map as underpants..... in resort
snow report
livetoski, are you doing these for any resort map? I would be interested.
ski holidays
Serious suggestion (honest): try ironing a normal unused piste map. Low heat, under a pillowcase.... be careful. It might work!

It's a low cost attempt anyway. If it's crap, hardly anything lost.
latest report
Mr Pieholeo wrote:
Serious suggestion (honest): try ironing a normal unused piste map. Low heat, under a pillowcase.... be careful. It might work!

It's a low cost attempt anyway. If it's crap, hardly anything lost.

Yep, done that (though thanks for the suggestion). Problem is, you can't get rid of the pre-fold creases (or I can't - perhaps I'll ask my wife to have a go . snowHead )
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy