Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Slopestyle is too exciting, so BAN IT!" Says IOC boffin...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
...sort of.

As the season comes to a close and we floss the last of the Borscht out of our teeth, there are ominous rumblings coming out of IOC high command. Lars Engebretsen, the Head of Scientific Studies for the IOC, has gone on record saying that Snowboarding Slopestyle should be dropped from the Olympic calendar unless it's made less dangerous.

Although the Skiing halfpipe claimed more casualties this year, and the luge claiming a fatality in Vancouver, snowboarding slopestyle has been singled out as the Olympic game of death.

The events popularity (and ensuing tv coverage) should safeguard its continued inclusion, but that hasn't stopped Engebretsen talking to all and sundry.
Quote:

I can say what I feel: That sport should change, otherwise we shouldn’t have it… Something has to be done with that sport

Link to the full Whitelines article here...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It was one of my favourite bits of the Olympics and no I'm not a snowboarder. Leave it alone, it was brilliant.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Right, yeah. Lets get rd of the second most fun event (after snowboard X)? IOC needs to go through a bit of a modernisation period.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I thought there was more carnage in the skier cross, which was brilliant to watch!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Would it not be more fun to have a points system for all these IOC staff and those in the bottom percentage get dropped Very Happy

So stupid comments from uneducated idiots minus "X" points etc, wonder how many will stay tight lipped wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spoilsports rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ask Kevin Pierce what he thinks. Or Sarah Burke...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Ask Kevin Pierce what he thinks. Or Sarah Burke...

That's a pretty ignorant comment. Both Sarah Burke's and Kevin Pierce's accident were in the half pipe.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That is effing ridiculous. It made the Olympics so much more interesting. Alpine skiing bores me rigid - freestyle skiing is much more viewer friendly
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
iainm, but it's a matter of opinion. I love watching Alpine ski racing and so do thousands of others. Some of the newer disciplines are gaining greater appeal. I enjoyed watching the skier and boarder cross, but I can't get excited about half pipe and slope style, it just doesn't have the tension and excitement of actual racing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Both Sarah Burke's and Kevin Pierce's accident were in the half pipe.

Laughing

ButwWhere would the internet be if people confined themselves to commenting on matters about which they actually knew something?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
queen bodecia, I appreciate the skill and dedication that goes into slopestyle but its not for me as a form of entertainment. Bit like music - some you love and some you don't - and Marmite.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You have to laugh at how bad some "journalism" is.

The new York Times actually has the facts, as do multiple other independent sources. The NYT report what Sean White said about the safety of the Sochi course, and also what Kjersti Buaas says about the sport. As snowboarders actually involved, you'd think maybe their views would be apposite... but they both 100% back the IOC's doctor's view point.

It looks to me like Whitelines (Factory Media) are playing the Daily Mail's game. Shame on them.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I hope they don't ban it.
I have a 9 year old who does competative swimming because of the london olympics, and switched from skiiing to snowboarding and started to learn freestyle on our last holiday because of the snowboard slopestyle at sochi. there's more to the olympics than the actual competitors, these sports and spectacles inspire people, and the current generation of kids desparetely need as much 'cool' and inspirational sport as poss on tv to get them off their xboxes and out into the world doing something physical.
I bet we have at least one top level competitor in a decade's time that sat open mouthed on their sofa as a kid watching it a sochi.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy