Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Interesting transfer alternative

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just happened across FluidCar - no connection whatsoever - but thought it an interesting alternative to traditional transfers. It appears to be basically car hire where they collect and then deliver the car to/from your accommodation, meaning you don't have to pay to hire the car for a week while it sits in the car park. I'm guessing that with a bit of luck they are able to get one lot of customers going one way to tie in with another lot of customers going the other way later in the day, so only have to move the car from one chalet to another.

It's of no practical use to me as they seem to only be targeting Geneva airport and a couple of resorts, and I prefer to get the train. Has anyone tried this though? Or know of other companies offering a similar service who might offer other places as the starting point? If it works I can see if being very convenient, and although I'd be a bit concerned about the car turning up on time I suppose in theory it should be no worse in this respect than a standard transfer company.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've just looked at their website. They want £200 for the week beginning 15th March. I've booked a car for that week (8 days actually rather than a week) for £168 from Geneva through auto europe. So I could pay £32 more and lose the convenience of having a car all week? Erm, I think I'll give it a miss.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kieranm, interesting. I wonder how this will go? It's only to the 3 Valleys at the moment - hard to imagine it being rolled out to less mainstream resorts. Seems to be a flat £200 which makes a lot of sense for longer periods, in particular and is definitely cheaper than renting anything but a teeny car, by the time you've put petrol in and paid for extra stuff like children's seats.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's this guy, innit.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2491138
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Better hope you're not a bit late:

If you return your vehicle late you will be charged:

£100 for the first 30 minute period
£100 for every 30 minute period thereafter
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mr Pieholeo, well spotted.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
"Why wouldn’t I just hire a car?

The fact is that you really don’t need a hire car on a ski holiday because you’re there to ski.

And if you do hire one, it’ll only sit idle in a car park whilst you pay a daily hire rate and extortionate parking fees for the privilege."

Extortionate parking fees? For at least one of the destinations they offer (La Tania) that's a load of crap. Free isn't extortionate.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Only 2 cars - Audi Q5 and BMW X3. £200 includes fuel, winter tyres and chains. CDW extra though. Seems interesting.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Better hope you're not a bit late:

If you return your vehicle late you will be charged:

That would suck if you got stuck in traffic. I wonder how they determine what time you should arrive by?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
swiftoid, only if your accom is easy walking/bus distance from the lifts. Even in, say, Morzine we usually will drive to Ardent or Prodains rather than waiting for the bus...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
swiftoid wrote:
Extortionate parking fees? For at least one of the destinations they offer (La Tania) that's a load of crap. Free isn't extortionate.

There is free parking in the Meribel valley and Brides-les-Bains too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy