Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian Resort for 2 Men, mid March? Advice please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

First post here - hi everybody! Been a regualr reader during winter for the past 5 years - so thanks to everyone who keeps it ipdated with great info

My querie -

Myself and friend, both male, mid 30's have booked flights to Munich for March 13th. We will drive to a resort in Austria on a bit of a snow/experience hunt. As we land in Munich our original plan was to go to a resort on the East side like Kitzbuhel. However i have been doing a fair bit of reading and it seems kitzbuhel suffers when conditions arent great. Plus it seems the snow is coming in from the west..

Last year we flew to Friedrickshafen and drove to St Anton, which was totally cool. It was early in the season, conditions were great -the nightlife i could see existed but when we went out it always felt a bit of a sausage fest.

We want a good experience some fun times but perhpas just not with another 300 dudes. We are sophisticated gents you know, like a good time and an environment to match.. would rather not end up in a stripper club.

been reading about salbaach and Bad gastein .. but hard to find up to date reviews...

I guess anywhere in Austria is drivable .. would rather the drive was 2.5 hrs max as we areonly there for 4 days and connection times matter!

So the short long of it - wheres the best snow for mid march gonna be in austria with good apres?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saalbach would be good for snow and apres, drive from muc depends on timing as it is massively affected by traffic. Zillertal and mayrhofen will also be good .

Welcome
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome.

Saalbach up to date news here > http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=104841&highlight=
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
special*k, welcome to Snowheads!!

Bad Gastein should fit the bill, I can let you have plenty of info on the valley .... just drop me a PM with any questions, or visit our website (see signature)

Cheers
Kersh
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
St Patricks weekend in Soll? Big local party on the mountain on the 15th, it's the annual rope race (giant slalom with teams of 3 people tied together), then a big party, live bands etc. Soll is north facing so keeps its snow better than a lot of the SkiWelt. No off-piste at the moment, but if you're looking for a fun weekend in the off-season, there'll be lots of activity for that weekend. And If you get a third person you can enter the race, lol! wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
special*k, take a look at Sölden which has benefited from the snow being dumped from the south this season. It is a wee bit further than 2.5 hours driving but not much and you can make up time on the autobahns. I would drive straight through Munich to the A95. The motorway has the good fortune to be largely speed limit free once you have passed the Starnberg turn-off (limits are set though if it is wet so be aware of that).

Travelling on a Thursday any where should be OK to be honest as the traffic is not at all bad (accidents can happen at any time and cause roads to be closed of course!). Depending the day you return and your flight times, I'm assuming it is a Sunday flight, you should also not experience too many hassles.

Travelling eastwards 2 hours 16 minutes (240kms) will get you to Flachau which is pretty central to the Sportwelt Amadé region. Motorway all the way from the airport to the resort. I travel this route regularly on a sunday, and that can be a problem if you clash with the returning day/weekend travellers - usually between 17.00 and 19.00. Before and after those times, no problems at all.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy