Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Race with Daron Rahlves: new 5-camera video ride

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This sophisticated new video production on Red Bull Copilot - 'Red Bull Downhill' - gets you to 'ski with Daron Rahlves' down the Mammoth competition piste in California.

Using 5 alternative cameras - you choose - there's a unique analysis of what it's like to race a downhill course at full speed. The making of the video is said to have involved a 20-person production crew who mounted cameras in a 'helmet-forward'. 'helmet-down', 'chase cam' (from a chasing helicopter), 'ski mount'.

Additionally, the site looks at 'the course', 'ski skier', 'the gear' and ... as above ... the race itself.

Meaty stuff. Here's the link: http://www.redbullcopilot.com

Any comments?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith,
Quote:

'Red Bull Downhill' - gets you to 'ski with Daron Rahlves' down the Mammoth competition piste in California.

Or maybe not; if you look carefully in some of the shots where the skis are edging furiously, you will see that there is no boot in the binding! I suspect there is a bit of digital deception going on in some of the scenes Shock
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith,
I am disappointed that with your legendary prowess of reading and memorising every single post on snowHeads, you missed this wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hywel wrote:
David Goldsmith,
I am disappointed that with your legendary prowess of reading and memorising every single post on snowHeads, you missed this wink

Or this Wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks - you also scooped one of the US ski magazines which ran the report yesterday that alerted me to it!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I cant find the video at that link. Sadly, redbull has moved on, but I haven't.
Can anyone direct me to the video where Daron discusses his kit?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow.......8 and a bit years for a thread resurrection....... That must be a record! Razz
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Resurrecting the thread was easy. Skullie Resurrecting the Redbull co-pilot page, not so much.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy