Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone travelled with Ski Beat this season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just booked a holiday with Ski Beat and was wondering if anyone had any recent (this or last season) experience of them. I've read all about Pandoragate and whilst it was undeniably disastrous I would imagine that the company would have learned from the mistakes made.

I chose them because I did several seasons many years ago (with various companies) and Ski Beat treated their staff much better than the other companies I worked for (not sure this is necessarily a good reason for choosing a company, especially considering I'm talking a while back), plus they've got some deals on at the moment - mid to late march weeks start at £450pp for flights, transfers and the usual full chalet service which seems pretty good.

We'll be going to La Rosiere and using the crèche service. I haven't skied/boarded for a long time (due to lack of finances) and I'm really looking forward to getting back on the slopes.

Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We went to La Tania with them last year. They were brilliant.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kelpie, I did a late deal to La Tania with some other snowHead 'heads last March and had a great time in a chalet with them, well looked after. No experience of the kids stuff though Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies. I did one of my seasons in La Tania and loved the resort. From what I've read on here i guess La Rosiere is a bit of a marmite resort. I think the quality of the childcare will be determined by the staff. I've heard that the crèche itself is lovely. After being away from it all for 7 years I'll just be glad to be back Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We went to La Plagne with them last year (Margeritte) - going to Les Arcs with them April 5th. Couldn't fault them! Helped that the guy in our chalet was an excellent cook (Jay - a professional chef)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kelpie, it's not that La Ros is a marmite resort, it's more that it's absolutely unremarkable, and is only a meme on here because someone used to give it as the answer to every 'which resort for XYZ' question ever, regardless of what the XYZ was.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kelpie, Went to La Plagne with them 4 weeks ago. 10 of us travelled we had a fabulous holiday, great chalet & amazing food Toofy Grin Have to say everything ran like clockwork so we would definitley use them again Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Mr P, I get it now. I reckon I can cope with unremarkable for a week. I'm hoping to be able to ski each year from now on (fingers crossed) so I can try out a few resorts.

Thanks for all the good feedback. They've still got some great deals on (not just for La Ros) if anyone fancies a last minute trip? les Arcs (Plan Peisey) isn't much more expensive and I guess they have good late snow there?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kelpie, Certainly hope so, that's where I'll be!

Slightly off-topic (I figured you've got all you need out of this one) - I'm defintely missing the La Plagne style web-cams in the run up to this year for Les Arcs - they are absolutely brilliant. 360 views from four locations round the mountain, but best of all, an archive/time lapse feature where you can see the same for any time in the last three years - you can check how the snow conditions are compared to previous years. Or, when you get home, deploy your forensics team to try to spot you and yours on the mountain (they soon got bored of that, and went back to Minecraft).

http://laplagne.livecam360.net/bergerie

Fantastic resource/massive time waster at work (and the cameras are the same!) Any other resorts have similar ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stopped with them, for the second time, in January at the Fleur de Neige in Plan Peisey and had a great time. Top quality chalet, nice hosts, a mature couple who did some great food and really close to the lifts and the Vanoise Express link to La Plagne.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy