Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glencoe Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading up on Sunday for hopefully 3 days on the Hill, Monday-Wednesday.

Can I hire gear on Sunday PM so i'm all set? Same with lift passes?
We are staying on the campsite in the microlodges, are there any after ski activities in the locality? Preferably a pub (SKY Sports showing the mighty Chesterfield at home to Portsmouth) or is everything miles away?

Im not to optimistic, the place seems to be stormbound most days but the snow levels put the rest of Europe to shame so fingers crossed.

Anything else I need to know?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
up4it,
I would be surprised if there was any problem renting equipment in the morning outside of the weekend but as far as I know they only do it on a daily basis.

The Kings House is certainly walkable to from the campsite, guessing about 20-30 minutes no idea if they have SKY anything further will require a car.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ring them up. They are quite helpful with issues beyond what's on the website. I usually try in the middle of the day on the assumption things are less busy round the base then. Off up tonight for the weekend. Hope the weather holds for you through the week.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
up4it, forecast looks reasonable at the moment - I think you can realistically hope to get a decent amount of skiing in. And midweek too which means queues should be OK, and lift passes are £5 cheaper.

Not sure if you can rent the previous night - probably easier just to do it on the morning. You'll be staying right nearby so you can go as soon as ski hire opens / as soon as it starts looking busy.

If you'll be there for three days you might like to consider visiting Nevis Range for a day (or two) for a bit of variety. Glencoe is one of the smaller ski areas in Scotland. Nevis is more wind-prone than Glencoe, so pick the calmest day if you do go.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
up4it, Nevis range allows for hire for more than one day, we did that a couple of weeks ago. They let you take the stuff off site so we had skis that we used in Glencoe. You can pre book hire online at Nevis range.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy