Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Public Transport from Innsbruck to Soelden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What's the best way to get there? And cheapest.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bus to the train station from the airport, train to Oetz Bahnhof then the bus up to Sölden. Actually relatively easy and links in very well with buses usually waiting as the previous mode of transport arrives.

Go to the Austrian railyways site and you should be able to find a train bus combintation for exactly that trip. http://www.oebb.at/en/ See it's even in English for your convenience! wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Think there's also a direct shuttle bus service between Innsbruck Airport+Station to Sölden ? Might stop at Oetz Bahnhof too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's also the Otztal Shuttle:

http://booking.oetztaler.at/

If the timings suit you. I usually use the method described by Samerberg Sue to get to Obergurgl.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all. I checked the price of the shuttle before and thought, hmmm, cheaper to rent a car. Don't know why I couldn't find the English version of the OEBB site before.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can also check our Website www.holiday-taxi.at
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Annoyingly, the OBB website won't let you book bus or even confirm fare. Grrrr.

Will book train and worry about bus when I get there.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Holiday Taxi are 78 euros more expensive than Oztal Shuttle
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You dont need to book the Postbus. You just pay the driver.

Bus travel is cheap in Austria.

Innsbruck Airport to the Main Station costs €2

Oetztal Bahnhof to Solden costs about €7.20 takes about 45 mins.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timing is everything for this to be pleasant! Done this trip one afternoon and have to say the local bus from Oetztal railway station to Solden was extremely crowded - pupils coming home from school - and not much room for skis and luggage. Have also done the Oetztal shuttle, which on the return was effectively a private transfer as no-one else was booked. Very efficient and good value, I thought.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ghost Dog, yes, the OBB website can be confusing as it appears to be allowing you to book the train and bus tickets but then only allows you to book the train. If you buy the train ticket at Innsbruck station they can add the bus ticket as an optional extra but I never bother and just book the train ticket online and pay the driver on the postbus. Best to book the return train ticket online too, if you can, as every time I've been at Oeztal the station has been unmanned and the machine is a faff if your German is limited. Best to check to be sure you don't miss the last bus from Oetztal Bahnhof. Found a pdf of last year's timetable, doubt it will have changed for this year:

http://www.obergurgl.com/main/files/linienbus-%F6tztal-fr%FChjahr2013.pdf

If you have to wait a while for the bus after getting off the train, there's a little cafe/bar next to the station entrance, opposite the bus stop where you can have a beer. If the weather's OK I usually sit outside and enjoy a nice Starkenberger.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can anyone understand the transfer costs on the Oztal Shuttle website? http://booking.oetztaler.at/index.php

Trying to work out the ball-park cost for a round trip between Innsbruck and Solden but it's unclear.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorted it. It's about GBP120 return.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy