Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

chatel to geneva french side

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, am in chattel at present,we hired a car at geneva french side and it took us an absolute age to get out of genevA,can any body suggest the best route back as am worried we might miss the flight even though we intend to leave very early..
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cefnycoed, when? and what route did you take coming out of Geneva?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
coming in from Chatel I would probably just follow the d1005 in from Thonon and just follow the road on as it joins the lake (route de thonon and quai de cologny). Follow the road around the edge of the lake and over the bridge, just over the bridge, turn right to continue along the lake: Quai du mont blanc - Quai Wilson. When the road leaves the lakeside (about 1km) (and becomes Avenue de France) you hit a crossroads, go right across that, keeping on heading away from the lake and the road becomes route de Ferney, basically you just stay on this road and it takes you all the way to Ferney Voltaire.

Not long after passing under the runway and entering France there's a petrol station (Total I think) on the right hand side, handy for doing the pre drop off top up.

I wonder which way you went going? The same route in reverse should be a doddle for getting from the airport, although I havent done it on a saturday for a while, but if you stick to those roads I would hope it shouldnt be too fouled up. (I'm doing it myself again in a couple of weeks)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cefnycoed, If travelling Saturday, there will be queues at Sciez and Douvaine most of the morning.
When you go under the runway just before Ferney. There is now a plastic roundabout just after the border control, where you turn left for the French sector.
Bon route.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

cefnycoed, If travelling Saturday, there will be queues at Sciez and Douvaine most of the morning.

Is this coming into Geneva or going out, or both. How slow do you usually find it? Last time I came out (Geneva to Chatel) it was mid saturday afternoon and it didnt seem particularly bad. Going into Geneva its always for a sunday (or later) flight because it gives a whole extra days skiing and so I usually sail in. Do you ever find sciez and douvaine so bad that its better to go round the lake on the d25 or take the d903 to annemasse (I did that once, mainly because I had plenty of time and it was a pretty but quiet drive traffic-wise).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cefnycoed, I would give serious consideration to heading over the Pas de Morgins and along the motorway through Lausanne to Geneva. It is much further (130km as opposed to 80km) but a significantly easier drive with no need for the bottlenecks at Sciez, Douvaine or through Geneva city centre (though you may of course get traffic on the motorway). Timewise there is very little in it (3 minutes longer according to Google maps ).

I think the Geneva Motor show is coming up (it usually clashes with our lad's trip which is 8-15 March this year) and if you coincide with that it can add a lot of time to the journey through Geneva.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

cefnycoed, I would give serious consideration to heading over the Pas de Morgins and along the motorway through Lausanne to Geneva.

Would need him to buy a vignette for the motorway as the car came from the French side and its not likely he'll have bought one for the outbound journey
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
His/her call - how much time is CHF40 worth?

The car may already have a vignette in any case.

The main issue appeared to be time delay in Geneva.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DJL wrote:
I think the Geneva Motor show is coming up (it usually clashes with our lad's trip which is 8-15 March this year) and if you coincide with that it can add a lot of time to the journey through Geneva.
Been delayed on the motorway from Lausanne into Geneva during the motor show. The police only let us into the car park because we had a hire car, they were turning everyone else away.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy