Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
cafe soleil above chantlemerle is a good place for a late afternoon beer.

In terms of runs to the villages:

Luc Alphand - geat in the mornings. In the afternoon was fairly slushy. Plenty of snow on it last week. Obviously temperatures were very warm last week.

Casse De Beouf. Generally in better condition than Luc Alphand but snow obviously soft in the afternoon.

Runs in Monetier were in lovely condition. Yvret not very good on Friday PM as it was windy and cool and so was quite crusty. Runs in the trees were lovely. Tabuc is getting a little thin in places on the flat run in. Moguls were challenging. Its a fun run though. All the other runs under the bachas chair lovely to ski.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks all Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quick update from my first two days (Monday/Tuesday) skiing in Serre Chevalier. All the pisted runs above about 2000m holding up very well. Favourites so far have been the Casse du Boeuf black (absolutely fab first thing), and the Draye red above Chantemerle. The run down into Briancon was very soft lower down and the black Tabuc into Monetier les Bains had a couple of narrow, steepish, icy, mogulled pitches. Think I'll give it a miss for the rest of the week unless we get some significant snowfall. Haven't really ventured off piste much as it looks a bit wind blown and crusty on top. Too difficult for me I am afraid. Otherwise, really impressed with the area and love the fact that it is just so quiet. Thanks to all on here who provided information and advice prior to my trip.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The moguls on Tabuc are a full time feature. Slushy in the afternoon. you will enjoy the skiing in Monetier.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cacciatore, I think you mean La Grotte at the bottom of Aravet. For the last two years it became our default apres place, as the drinks are cheap and the atmosphere and location good.

unway007, depending on where you are, I found Flocon in Bachas (above Monetier) great for an afternoon drink (good food too), and the bowling alley beside the bottom of Luc Alphand in Chantemerle and La Grotte by the Aravet lift in Villeneuve became our go-to places for apres. Triptique in Chantemerle was the best of the restaurants I tried.

jasmck159, if you like Draye, try Edoits, the red Ciboult and Clot Gauthier, which seemed similar to me (fast-cruising wide red runs) but are far less skied, with Clot Gauthier and Ciboult also having much nicer snow by virtue of being higher up.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Drogue, that's the place. Thanks.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Any recommendations on ski hire in Villeneuve? By all accounts our chalet is 10 mins walk from the lifts, so a shop near the lifts with lockers/storage might be useful, if there are any.

Many thanks!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I used Ski Connections last year and was pretty impressed - good gear and a bit cheaper than elsewhere I saw.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hammerite, hope all is well Smile

I seem to recall that Aphand Sport - Sport 2000 was reasonably close for the Pontillas gondola. Maybe not quite so for Aravet, if you're that side.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Drogue, thanks will take a look.

Cacciatore, all good thanks, survived a Christmas at home rolling eyes but managed to get a few days in over half term, now looking forward to heading out on Saturday. How is everything with you?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hammerite, all good here, thanks....just counting down the days to the EoSB. Have a great trip to SC (quite envious!).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks, wanted to go there for a while, so good to tick it off the list (and add to the growing list of places we've want to return to!).

Enjoy the EoSB.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy