Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bars in Sauze

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Where to go for a few beers at night in Sauze D'Oulx?

Group of four dads escaping for a long weekend! Not bothered about the lap dancing bar, just want a few beers and a pizza or a burger, then a few more beers, then a few shots and then a couple more beers.

Any Snowheads out there w/e March 8/9??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
was in sauze last year and there are plenty of bars based around the village square. dont worry you'll have a great time. i cant remember the names but there was an irish bar with decent food and has the football / rugby on.

then there was a pub a bit further on - think it was called the derby - great for a chill and chat

enjoy yourselves over there
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ghost bar seemed the liveliest for apres ski once off the slopes and the Village isn't bad. At the bottom of Clotes piste there will be a very pretty girl offering discount vouchers for drinks at The Village (it's downstairs next tot he steak house be careful you don't slip). Scotch bar directly opposite the end of Clotes is too quiet.

Paddy McGinty's is ok and does a good fry up in the morning.

Carrying on down the hill to the main square there is a bar on the right (can't remember the name) which has live music a couple of times a week and was promoting a Burlesque night on Wednesdays. Being men of a certain age we were keen to have a look at this but it was way past our bedtime.

In the square itself there is the New Cotton Club. Again has live music a couple of nights a week and eye-candy behind the bar. This also has a pool table and a dartboard.

Along Via Monfol towards the cinema is Moncrons which is good for the football and sports with English commentary (run by an Evertonian but you can't have everything mind you it was fun when we were watching the derby Happy ) and backing on to that is the Derby Bar, which was fairly quiet when we were there at the end of Jan.

A couple of others that we didn't get to were The Queens and Vagabonds both in the square by The Derby bar.

Grabbing a pre-apres beer up the hill say at the top of Sportinia before heading down to the bottom is also worth doing. Also the bar with the big bear outside (name escapes me but it's just before the top of the Clotes lift where pistes 29 and 11 meet) is quite nice for a late afternoon hot wine. The restaurant above this place is good too though we only had lunch there (pricey).

For food the pasta house (Sugo's?) is good as is Ortiche.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good info halfhand, are there many bars on the snow front or are they all in the village?

Markmcn, I'm flying in on the 9th so probs a bit late to meet up
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At the top of Clotes there's about 3 bar/restaurants and a couple just as you come down the runs that meet at Clotes.

Bar Clotes, Kapanna Kind are a couple that spring to mind.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Village bar also bring out free pizza every now and then and big buckets of monkey nuts. We often went in for a few quiet beers and planned to have dinner later. Ended up having a meal of said free pizza and nuts and barely walking out the place. It was really good fun in there. We also had a steak in there last night which was melt in the mouth great quality if not a bit expensive.

If I recall around the corner to the left down the hill towards the main square there was a hatch in the wall selling slices of pizza which often served us well after après beer. Ghost bar was also good, they brought out a free buffet one night, good atmosphere and music in there two. We were a group of twelve 30 - 45 yr olds and had a great holiday in Sauze.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jirac18, Yes forgot about the nuts on the tables as there were plenty of nuts around the tables Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
halfhand, it's amazing how much mess a bunch of middle aged blokes can make with a bucket of monkey nuts!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Paddys bar..spot on....even gave me a lift back to hotel every night as i had a pot on my leg ..!!! Service or what
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
yorkshirelad wrote:
Paddys bar..spot on....even gave me a lift back to hotel every night as i had a pot on my leg ..!!! Service or what

That's a good service. On a separate note the DJ in Paddy McGinty's bar is not allowed to play Led Zeppelin because it's "too heavy". He is allowed to play AC/DC. Go figure Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy