Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wot happened to

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
NE1, your daughter is skiing with the people involved?

No, my friends daughter is out there doing a season. People she knows saw it happen. Don't know how they are mentally, I think that would be horrific to see.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got a pm to say the thread was pulled for moderation, may be returned later... in case anyone cares
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
I see the comments on the Daily Mail page above have now descended into a helmet debate. The comment was crass but what if the snow cannon had been another person. I can see where Altis was coming from; he was perhaps guilty being too honest by typing his real feelings.
It's possible to be critical of someone's action without welcoming their death.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
never summer wrote:
PaulC1984, Well, sliding for 130 ft and then flying for 43 usually indicates that the speed and technique weren't adjusted to conditions. The initial speed has to be very high if loss of control lead to this kind of accident. He probably was skiing "well" but it's not an indicator of speed. Even good skiers need to slow down unless they are on a race course.

Quite. Very limited data suggests this is closer to a downhill or SG race crash or even a motorbike crash than the average fall. Other slope users have a right to expect uphill skiers won't be putting them in that sort of jeopardy. Not suggesting the deceased here was doing so of course only witnesses and investigators can determine that.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was aware of several blog posts and other comments on social media, none of them pleasant, following my brothers suicide. Apparently it had inconvienced someone from getting to the beach - lots of mess at foot of cliffs it seems.

It is the nature of the world that people will always post on social media their views and that isn't going to change.

Did it upset me - not really, he had a valid point. I just decided to avoid looking at places where stories may be visible.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes but I hope nobody welcomed his death with comments like "bring it on"!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy