Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Here in Serfaus

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After many years debating, we have finally ended up in Serfaus. This is a great ski area with long, predominantly, red runs. There are more black runs here than in other Austrian resorts I've been to and some long gentle blues. The pistes are wide, varied and well maintained. There hasn't been much snow here this season yet but the snow canons have done an excellent job and all pistes are in great condition. The ski area is huge - outclasses both Ischgl and Lech/Zurs.
There are a couple of good après bars.
The service and friendliness of the local people is exceptional. I can speak a little German which is useful as most of the older generation here don't speak English. Younger people do though.

If we had young children, this is the resort we'd choose.
The area is geared up brilliantly for kids. There are lots of fun areas for them and most restaurants have play areas. The hotel we are staying in (Alfa Hotel) has a self service dinner for kids whilst adults get a good international cuisine. There aren't many mountain huts but more larger self service restaurants. We have found some better places to eat nearer the villages.

There are three gondolas running out of the village and here you will find a huge ski depot where you can leave your boots and skis or hire equipment.
I'll think of more later.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Serfaus really intrigues me as a ski resort. Looks like a great, large ski area, and I'm surprised it's so little known in the UK. The lack of English speakers might put me off though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
erica2004, denfinella, I am a regular visitor and a big fan of St. Anton, and last March I decided to try Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis, to give the area it's full name. Having skied many resorts across the Alps, I was very impressed by the quality and extent of the well-linked ski area, from blues through entertaining long cruising reds through to steep blacks. There are also easily accessible off-piste slopes as well as well ski routes to test the best. Last March the snow cover was abundant in most places, though a bit thin on some lower Fiss-Ladis areas, though this did not hinder access. The ski area is well-linked, all lift served. The ski area at Serfaus terminates with a crowded slope, which was very slushy last March, at the top end of the village. Lift queues were not an issue.
The apres-ski is not up to St Anton/Iscghl standards, but the "George" is lively bar in the village. Prices are bit higher than other Austrian, though nothing like Iscghl.
Serfaus is very popular with Dutch and Germans, I think that the fact that U.K. T.O.s don't operate there has prevented the area from being on the radar in the U.K.
Serfaus sits on a sunny site just an hour's drive from Innsbruck. It seems fairly snow sure with skiing up to about 3000m.
IMO Serfaus is one of the best ski areas in Austria, second only to St.Anton. I've skied Kitzbuehel, Ski Welt, Saalbach, Soelden, Iscghl.
Enjoy Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
One of my favourite resorts and great for families as you say! Enjoy Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Going there in 2 weeks can't wait
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We have just returned from Fiss having previously been to Serfaus a few years ago. Our advice to all Brits is to STAY AWAY. Twisted Evil
There are just too many things that you will miss, especially if you go during school holidays:
You won't be able to queue for any decent length of time (10 mins max just isnt long enough to really enjoy)
You won't be able to sit on un-heated, cold, slow chairs (we only found 2 all week and they were very short and fast)
You won't enjoy complaining about high prices, poor service, miserable locals
You will have some difficulty finding lots of other Brits to compare all your pet hates with, partly because you won't have any and party because there arent many Brits there in the first place.
You will be mistaken for being a Dutch person who speaks reasonably good English until they realise that you know nothing about speed skating.
You will keep loosing your kids (they will have gone off into one of the many side of piste attractions, zip wires, air bag jumps, slalom and speed courses, etc.)
You won't need to get your skis repaired again and again because you wont have hit any stones or rocks. in fact in poor visibility the lack of brown patches is a real disadvantage. They have had a really bad year for snow but you would hardly notice it.
if you go you will be disappointed with every other place you visit subsequently.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fiss was recommended to us by a Bergfuhrher in St Anton 4 years ago. So took the kids the following half term and it was perfect for a 6 and 9 year old.

Loved the Hexenalm for apres ski. Mad disco inside and oompah outside. Very slick table service for drinks.
Good times
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fiss was recommended to us by a Bergfuhrher in St Anton 4 years ago. So took the kids the following half term and it was perfect for a 6 and 9 year old.

Loved the Hexenalm for apres ski. Mad disco inside and oompah outside. Very slick table service for drinks.
Good times
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nick W, no way am I going somewhere where I get mistaken for a Cloggie!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Its got an amazing underground railway to IIRC!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nick W, you have forgott to mention carrying skis long distances while wearing ski boots , Having to take the kids tobogoning , the night show on the mountain, and the night skiing, and if you do happen to get into conversation with somebody you really feel like you have been missing something when they tell you they have been sking fiss for the last 10/ 15/ 20 years , when we have only been there 5 times. ...got to fix that ?????
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The ski show on the mountain was good last night with singing, laser show, masses of fireworks and the skiers of course.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy