Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2000 February 2014

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Our group - me, girlfriend, my kids, daughter aged 12 and son aged 9.

Booked Chalet L'Arc with Skiworld as the kids enjoyed the company of other kids in a chalet last year in Val d'Isere. The chalet is fine, nice and warm loads of hot water. The food was good and we were very well looked after by the chalet staff, so we'll done Skiworld.

Travel out was horrendous owing to the storms on the Friday night causing our plane to be diverted to Stanstead from Gatwick. This led to a 20 journey door to door.

Ski's were hired via Ski Rental & Skiset. The shop in Les Arcs were pretty accommodating with us swapping from skis to boards twice during the week. The only one small issue occurred when my daughters poles were stolen and we had a short debate about the insurance that I had bought via ski rental. I get the feeling that if it had been skis that had been stolen we would have had a bigger issue but alls well that ends well.

Ski lessons were booked with Evo 2. 3 private sessions for the kids as they had got fed up with ski school and 2 sessions for us two. The lessons started at 1130 so it was great having a relaxed start to the day rather than the pressure of getting everyone ready for a 0930 start.

The weather was great with fresh snow on Sunday, a bit on Wednesday and more on Friday. The ski area has plenty of variety, off piste, the natur pistes in the bowl and tree runs for the poor vis days.

Highlights - off piste with our instructor in the nature reserve on Monday, one of the best days I have ever had on skis and getting the hang of boarding on Friday, great feeling.
Lowlights - temporarily losing my son in the clouds in La Plagne. Fortunately he had the intelligence to sit tight where we lost sight of each other so I found him exactly where I had hoped just two lifts later. Not a great feeling!

Sad that it's over for another year so now looking at the Eurostar or driving to St Foy next year. Any advice from experts appreciated.

cheers!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy