Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pseuds Corner

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The art of skiing...? Confused

The Unbearable Whiteness of Skiing
by Mathilde Heyns

"Milan Kundera's novel, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, evolves around the paradox of the lightness and the heaviness. One tends to choose the lightness in life over the heaviness, yet "the heavier the burden, the closer our lives come to the earth, the more real and truthful they become. Conversely, the absolute absence of a burden causes man to be lighter than air, to soar into the heights, take leave of the earth and his earthly being, and become only half real, his movements as free as they are insignificant." (Milan Kundera, p.5) The absolute absence of a burden, however, causes man to be lighter than air, fly up and hover above the earth and earthly existence, becoming only half real, leaving his movements to be free as well as pointless. The dazzling world of glamour, sports and pop music, the supposed domain of lightness, is the central theme in the group show "The Unbearable Whiteness of Skiing (existentialism now)," curated by artist Twan Janssen."

http://www.zingmagazine.com/zing3/reviews/005_unbearable.html

Doesn't that just describe spot-on the sensation one gets after three beers, two jagertees and ? Williams on the last run down from the Nederhutte...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome Pistebasher, I think you are 3 days late with your April Fool, and Mathilde Heyns is an anagram, but I just haven't worked it out yet. Wink
Amazing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think it just might be genuine, anybody feel like notifying Charles Saatchi, BTW what the feck is an after ski quilt?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ahhhh . . . doesn't that take me back to college . . . “the Language of Art and Criticism”, fond memories.

Bullsh*t 101 – what makes it worse is that people pay to listen to or read it and pretend (pretence? Pretentious?) understand it.
Worst of all it reads like the BASI manual!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
People get paid to write that? Where oh where did I go wrong?

PS my new 1516 page "Zen and the art of ski tuning" will hit the stores soon. Snowheads can pre-order author signed copies at a teeny weeny premium Razz
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've cracked the anagram at last, though not sure the Snowheads sensor will let it pass. Mathilde Heyns is an anagram of Handle My Shite. Seems appropriate. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonpim, I really hope you didn't spend a solid hour trying to work that one out rolling eyes
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Afraid so Elizabeth B: on the loo, in the bath, cooking supper, eating supper......until at last - Eureka! I had it. Whoopee! Mad jumping around the room......

Not true, of course

Put Mathilde Heyns into your favourite anagram finder and up it comes in microseconds. Easy Cool
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alan,

Quote:

"Zen and the art of ski tuning" will hit the stores soon

Shouldn't that say "ski turning"? 1,516 pages on that subject might be more useful....but I'll wait for a bargain copy to appear on eBay... Wink

Basher
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ok my eyes glazed over just reading the exert at the top. I don't think I will be reading anymore Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy