Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton trip Report from January 2014

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As a relatively new user I have in the past sought (and received) lots of advice on this board, particularly about St Anton. I thought it was about time that I did my bit and provided some info so here is a report of my trip in January 2014.

Dates 18 - 25 January 2014

Part y Size

2 Males 37 & 40, both snowboarders.

Travel

Edinburgh to Innsbruck via Frankfurt with Lufthansa

No major issues other than the fact that despite having had them confirmed in advance our boards did not arrive with us. This was obvious when we boarded the peddle powered plane in Frankfurt and saw all the boards and skis stacked up at the side. Didnt cause too many problems. Boards were couriered to us next day and arrived by lunch time, we could have hired and claimed back from Lufthansa but chose to get supplies etc and wait for them.

Did shared Private Transfer organised by Sidney Reilly going out, 35 Euro each and good fast service to door step. Going back got train to Innsbruck (very easy) and stayed overnight before early morning taxc.

Accomodation

Self catering organised through SIdney Reilly. Great central location. Apartment small but adequate for our needs located in attic conversion of a house. Low ceilings but good for the price. Only criticism would be no proper shower, was just bath attachment and ceiling so low couldnt stand under it properly and no shower curtain anyway.

Overhead/Weather Conditions.

Pretty good all in all with several days of sunshine. Two bad light days with snow falling (which gave great last day).

Pistes

All in good nick, bit hard packed in places, sharper edges would have helped. Runs to Stuben and down from Albona were fantastic.

Lift Queues

non existent. The two of us barely ever even had to share an uplift with anyone else. Resort did seem less busy than I was expecting

Parks

Cant comment as never went in any.

Off Piste

Not something we do regularly as only intermediates but did have wee foray under the St Christoph Bahn with some seasonairres who knew the area. Had a great laugh if not necessarily most stylish run. Some powder kicking about.

Apres

Sampled plenty.

Mooserwirt - cheesy euro pop but very funny. Large Beer about 6 Euro

KK - much more our style good mix of rock and singalong music. Large Beer about 5 Euro.

Bascamp. DJ on for apres good mix. Large Beer about 5.50 I think.

Underground. Only in briefly but live music and nice atmosphere. Large Beer about 5.50 again I think.

Piccadily. Was dead quiet, went in once and didnt go back, disappointed as had been in on previous trip and loved it.

Kandahar. This is where we spent most of our time and money, friendly bar staff with good music. Large Beer 5 Euro. "Gunar"plays from about 5pm to about 8pm (bars in resort didnt seem busy until about 5pm, I guess most folk were still up the hill). Very polished and professional set with plenty of well known tunes, U2, Beatles, Tom Petty, Elvis, Snow Patrol, bit of everything really. Later (around 8.15 till about 11pm) Tony Wright plays (6 nights a week). We really liked him, less polished and more acoustic, bit of banter and will do requests if he knows it. Again good sing along stuff and some classics, good mixed set - thoroughly recommend you try to see him if you can.

Food

We self catered most of the time but did have great Pizza in Pompodoro - about 10 Euro for large Pizza. Bobos does good Tex Mex Style too. Portions are generally large and the food we saw in KK would have fed an army let alone one person.

All in all a great week. Back on 8 March for what will be different trip as going with TO to Catered Chalet and other half coming this time too.

Hope this is of some help. Happy to help with queries etc.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
be interesting to compare DIY with the TO trip...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What time were you in the Piccadilly? I was there a week after you and the Piccadilly was the pick of the night life, live music every night and rammed full of people dancing and enjoying the music, was our go to location. Fairly quiet before 11pm, live music doesnt start until after that and finishes at about 1:30 - 2am. Best barman in town there too (South African guy)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kb36, glad you had a good time, my son is a seasonaire there this season, you mentioned all the places he goes Laughing we ate at Pompodoro really good value and excellent pizzas.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy