Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who did the Powerstrap fastening thread?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not that long ago there was a thread about how to do up your Powerstrap to get the best use from it.

Essentially speaking thread it under the wrapping over shell halves.
Use it to directly hold the tongue to you calf

Do up the powerstrap first, about as tight as is possible, then do up the shell over the strap.

It may not be 100% possible to perfectly get it under the shell, but easy to get is mostly under.

WOW!

What a difference!!

The boots (proper fitted boots by CEM) feel so snug. Not tighter, but snugger.
The hold is much, much better.
Comfort is even better (they were already comfortable, in a well fitted way).

The connection to the ski is vastly improved.

I am a convert...and already I have converted five ski instructors and several other family members and friends.

Whoever you were, that thread person, thanks!

BTW....everybody should do it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rungsp, I think it was CEM

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=95794&highlight=power+strap
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or there was another thread a couple of weeks ago which I can't find at the moment but came to same conclusion. Looking at the Atomic webpage at my boots (Hawx 100) they all have the straps done up outside on the pictures, just to look pretty or do Atomic think differently?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davkt, i've got the same boots and I do the powerstrap up under the shell, it's a lot better, more snug. It's all down to preference but I was a convert from the minute I tried it. Once you do it a few times it becomes easier, the shell was a bit tough at first.

I do powerstrap first, then put all the buckles on their latches. then do the lower shin buckle up, and alternate it with the top shin buckle until they are as tight as they can go. then i have the two on the top of the foot so I can just push them shut with my little finger.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lewisb22, thanks, will give it a try next time. Doing the buckles up sounds like I do it, foot buckles just done up to loosest one they won't come undone on.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
And now I come to look at them the top of the boot shell is shaped to make it possible so guess all the photos I've been following on the Atomic page are just done like that to look pretty!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And now I come to look at them the top of the boot shell is shaped to make it possible so guess all the photos I've been following on the Atomic page are just done like that to look pretty!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy