Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I want a Swiss resort that meets all my criteria HELP!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK - here's the challenge...

I ski every year with 4 other people:
Me - 30 years of experience, I will ski down anything and enjoy good fast reds.
My best mate - 5 years experience but can get down anything enjoys good fast reds.
My wife - 10 years of trying hard but still gets upset when the blues get too steep. Lactose intolerant
My daughter - Has just completed Swiss Blue Star.
My best mate's wife - a non skier who likes meeting up with us on the slopes for lunch. Gluten intolerant

We're looking for a resort that meets our exacting criteria:

1) Ski school has to be easy to get to for dropping off and picking up the sprog.
2) Easily accessible gentle blue runs for the wife.
3) Walks all round the resort with a hiking pass to allow our hiker to get up into the mountains to meet up with us.
4) We can drive there and park by the chalet as we self-cater.
5) Our hiker can get back to the chalet during the day.
6) Must be Switzerland so our daughter can continue her Ski school progression.

We were in St Moritz last week - ski school was a nightmare as Salastrains is a fenicular and 15 minute walk away and the ski run down to Salastrains is a tricky blue - OK for me but rules out the wife. For our hiker to get there was a 30CHF ticket - no hiking pass available. Parking was not that easy and the mountain pass out at the end was a 30 mile drive with chains on - not fun.

Zermatt is out as it is car free and we can't lug our stuff.

I hate Saas!

Any suggestions? Oh, and before anyone says 'Lauterbrunnen', I have skied there for the last 20 years and want a change and our hiker has exhausted the walks. What we want is something that is exactly like the Jungfrauregion but yet is not the Jungfrauregion Happy

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 24-02-14 20:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laax, flims. Flims has more accessible blues

But not sure on hiker pass
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes - I can't find anything on their website about that either. My list is currently:
Les Portes du Soleil
Gstaad Mountain Rides
Adelboden-Lenk
Verbier - Les quatre vallées
Crans Montana
Sierre-Anniviers
LAAX
Lenzerheide-Valbella
Davos-Klosters
Skiregion Aletsch
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hiker passes on here
http://www.laax.com/fileadmin/media/01_statische_Bilder/03_lifttickets/01_lifttickets/PDFs/LAAX_lifttickets_winter_EN_2013_2014.pdf
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not verbier. Why are you limiting yourself to ch
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dan100, daughters ski school
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dan100, because of the Swiss ski school progression.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
onefff, why only Switzerland ??? Try lech , stay in oberlech and have the best of all worlds for all your group , one of the best red run resorts in the world
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Tzoumaz, Switzerland? (Quatre Valées)

I'm biased, because I own an apartment there. But take a look. There are good snowshoe routes; anyone walking can traverse the whole area via cable cars, right up to Mt.Fort at 3300m; on piste, there are great blues and reds. Off piste is terrific. And hell-skiing is excellent. The ski school meets right by the télécabine in the middle of the village. There's a small swimming pool, or the largest thermal resort at Saillon in the valley.

You can probably access the Verbier upper slopes as quickly, or quicker, then from many parts of Verbier itself.

I'd admit - not the nightlife of Verbier but I'm guessing that's not your collective scene anyway.

Take a look at www.laforet35.com - there's a video of the lift up to the summit of Savoleyres on the landing page. And links to the Verbier website, or just go direct to

www.verbier.ch

If you want to take a look at a local agency try Carron Immobilier

http://www.carron-immobilier.ch/en/location-2

If you are chalet types, a typical one is

http://www.chaletcathay.com

although there are a lot to choose from.

Expect to pay 40%-50% less for a week in LTZ than the same accomodation in Verbier.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 24-02-14 20:50; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Andermatt, it's lovely, a real place and lots of nice walking. Not sure about the ski school.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hobbiteater wrote:
Laax, flims. Flims has more accessible blues

But not sure on hiker pass

+1
And hiker pass may not be necessary. There are good walks from resort level up to mountain hut level (not overly strenuous - prepared paths but hiking/ski poles would be useful).
We stayed in a very pleasant apartment for 4 (?+1 in lounge) in centre of Flims, with garage.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
onefff, having been all over Switzerland during various summer holidays I'd say theres nowhere else just like the Jungfrauregion, the infrastructure there was why it's one of the homes of recreational skiing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy