Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Under 30's ski trip with course/lessons, end of March/early April. UPDATE.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I'm looking to do a short trip at the end of March, perhaps 4-5 days, and have some lessons or go for a course to really get my skills moving! I'm a level 5-6 intermediate, male aged 26 - so would preferably be looking to go with others of a similar age! I'm a keen skier, but also like to do a good dinner and drinks après.

If anybody would be keen, let me know!

Simon.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 26-02-14 20:39; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check out www.action-outdoors.com . Should be lots of options to suit you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi mate,

Like you I'm a 26 y/o male - I'm booked in for week in Tignes (5th-12th April) through action outdoors - staying at the UCPA. Amazing value with lift pass, lessons and meals all included. Check out what's on offer through Tom Doc's link!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi guys,

Eorpa, are you taking the London coach to go to Tignes? Whereabouts are you based?

I'm looking at booking a last minute break away most likely 5th to 12th April or 12th to 19th April. I've had a look at the UCPA trips after reading this. It does interest me due to the ease of everything being packaged together and the opportunity to meet others along with some instruction/guided skiing Smile

I'd prefer staying somewhere that was more 'comfortable' and only had twin beds with ensuite facilities but for the price it's hard to beat unless of course you can go with a few others to form a group booking elsewehere. I'm open to offers though....

I've done about 10hrs worth of lessons at Hemel snow center plus a further 10hrs on my own there but haven't been to a resort (did have a holiday booked for this March but the fiance decided to stop skiing altogether).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Okay so following further research, I have decided that a good course to do is the 3 day off-piste in Chamonix by BASS. This is £320, and includes the Vallee Blanche on the third day! This course seems to be aimed at mid-intermediate skiers - at least that's what it appears as. I'm confident on reds, can tackle blacks with not great form, and am confident in nipping off-piste. I am considering doing a couple of hours of lessons on the day prior to this to make sure my skills are up to scratch!

http://www.chamonix-off-piste.com/3dayoffpiste.html

I'm thinking of going for the 5th, 6th, 7th of April, and will probably rent an apartment/hotel room in the town in a central location.

Is anyone keen to join me? Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've now booked myself for a week in Tignes (5th-12th April) through action outdoors - staying at the UCPA. I'm doing the half time tutition course and using the snow express coach from London Victoria.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice one, jkchops! I'm booked in for the full time tuition, but I'm not sure that I'll use it all. From what I've read they seem flexible on the lessons, as long as you tell the instructor to prevent a group for waiting around.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ah that's pretty good then. I suppose they don't really mind as you've already paid for it anyways and as long as they know then it shouldn't be an issue. I'll definitely use my 12 hours tuition and hopefully their local knowledge will be useful for finding quieter slopes and/or the more scenic runs as well.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy