Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis - help me buy some!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm a pretty competent skier, with about 14 weeks experience. I can tackle pretty much all runs, including most blacks (although technique may go out of the window on some of these!).

I always tend to drive, and I have all the gear apart from skis.

I think I've got to a point where I'd rather have my own pair of skis to save the hassle and expense of hire shops and wasted time. My father in-law has all the gear for servicing.

I'm not looking at buying new - I'd be looking for a decent pair of skis maybe a season or 2 old.

I mainly enjoy medium to fast wide carving on piste, but also enjoy mucking around on small jumps, spins and a bit of backward skiing. Something that is usable off piste would be a bonus.

I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to what has been a good ski over the last 2 or 3 years so do we have any ski experts that can advise a good ski?

Thanks!

Ross
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy