Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Splugen, graubunden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all,

Am away on the mid term break with the family, and we've gone to graubunden in switzerland. We'll be skiing some better known resorts throughout the week, but today we skiied in Splugen, a small but perfectly formed resort, easily accessed from the a13 as you head towards the San bernadino pass. It's by no means a mega resort - it has just 4 installations total, 1 x 8 person gondola, a quirky 3 man chair, a decent high speed 4 man chair and an old skeul tbar. However, it makes maximum use of what it has, with those 4 installations serving up 40 kms of piste and a shed load of accessible off piste. The resort has a strongly intermediate + feel, with a big jump for beginners to take from the gentle runs at the top of the gondola to getting anywhere else. Some 25 percent of the piste km are graded black, but as always the hardest run was in fact a bottleneck red that led to one of the chairs (no 6, nervous skiiers avoid). Despite it being the busiest day of the year according to some of the locals, compared with say Avoriaz or Verbier or any big name resort, it was pretty empty, and we got a table for 5 at the very good and reasonable restaurant at the top of the gondola with no waiting or queues.

We had a small incident where a middle aged Italian and his mate were racing down the home piste, mistimed his stop and took out my daughter, no one hurt but she was pretty shook up (this is no reflection on Italy, or Italians, just meant that the row that followed was more comic than otherwise, they had no English, I have no Italian, but I digress)

Overall, as a skiing destination

Most suitable for intermediate - advanced
Excellent off piste access, largely untracked
Small queues
Cheap lift passes
Fantastic scenery (pics to follow)

So if you get a chance, check it out!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy