Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First trip to La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

First trip to La Plagne in a couple of weeks with SkiBeat in La Plagne 1800 on a good deal. Have skied all over the place after working last season all over the alps and N America, and being most familar with Tignes/Val, i'm after some guidance.

Can anyone tell me some of the "must-ski" runs? Im thinking along the lines of the Face in Val, the Fornet trees, the Double M in Tignes, the Palafour area etc, the real signature runs and then any hidden gems? We will alll be getting a Paradiski pass to make the most of the area.

Whilst i'm here i may as well ask about the bars and nightlife -Reckon we might be getting on a bus to Plagne Centre…

Cheers all.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi we were in plagne 1800 with skibeat about 3 weeks ago (chalet Bartavelle-it was great!) The bus to plagne centre was a bit of a pain as it goes via bellcote & took quite a while but there's a great bar in 1800 called la mine which is well worth a visit Toofy Grin can't really think of any real "must do"'runs but it's a great ski area & les arcs is good too. Have a great time Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Plagne is a cruisers paradise with few "taxing" runs, from what I can remember. Not been for a few years, though one that does stick out is called Kamikaze its "over" the top, away from Plagne Center if you have the buildings behind you.

There are some blacks above Plagne Aime, and the run down from Roche De Mio is good (but take the left piste where it splits near the top)

http://www.la-plagne.com/images/pdf/planpistesparadiski2014.pdf
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
1800 has La Mine and a few eateries. I always thought La Mine was f expensive so its bus (free) time.

Not sure LaPlagne has a signature run as such but 'bosses' off the back of Les Verdons is OK. The big ticket items are really the various off piste routes off the Bellecote. Hidden gems are the blacks off to the right of Becoin and Cretes lifts leading down to the bottom of La Roche via the cornegidouille blue.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Think the cruising side of things is why the old man has gone for it Toofy Grin I might need something more challenging at somepoint. Look like some decent reds and blacks coming down from Aigulle Rouge in Les Arcs - how long is the trip to get over there? From Tignes and Val I was a big fan of the Face (with snow on at about 10am, rather than bulletproof ice or man sized moguls at 4pm!) and Trolles when not busy, plus the Double M from top of the Grande Motte all the way down to the town. Is it worth having a bash at the longer runs down to the lower villages?

Glad to hear SkiBeat were good - they seem to have a pretty good rep and we got a good deal Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mcspreader wrote:
The big ticket items are really the various off piste routes off the Bellecote

+1 La Plagne isn't really about the pisted stuff. Face Nord du Bellecote.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all.

Heading out tomorrow and now thinking about the practical things - where is good for a cheap ( but good!) lunch? Thinking along the lines of Tignes Cuisine, at Tignes le lac. Full of seasonaires which is obviously a testament to its quality and price....

Cheers
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rochu and Bellecote above Belle Plagne on the glacier
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Borselliers in Champagny - beautiful sunny terrase and plenty of cheap-eats like soup or chips as well as proper meals.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dorsetboy, Some challenging blacks towards Aime la Plagne, take the Becoin lift from Plagne Centre and they are over the other side. Morbleu , Etroits and Les Coqs are all unpisted as are Bellecote and Rochu off the glacier, chiaupe is usually very bumpy but has been shut the last times we were up there.
If you are going off-piste please go with a guide, somebody was killed in an avalanche on the North Face last week and somebody else fell down a frozen waterfall to their death on the same day towards Champagny le Haut.

Other good places to eat are the Inverssen restaurant near to Roche du Mio and Chalet Les Closses in Plagne Bellecote.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, you will probably have left by now, but if not: you would certainly be better of at Les Arcs for pistes or sharing a guide and doing the extensive (and sometimes very challenging) off piste
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy