Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Region, 1 day only- where to ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Smile. I am going to be in the Jungfrau region for a couple of days following a week of skiing in Val Thorens the second week of March. My main goal (I think...) is sightseeing, since I will be on my own and don't have much time, but I can definitely envision myself not withstanding the temptation and spending a day on the slopes. If that does happen, where should I ski? I think the main criteria for me would be the beauty of the scenery and probably the length of the runs (I dislike short ones).

Thank you in advance for any and all advice!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would say to ski the Kleine Scheidegg area, since it has long cruisy runs and stunning scenery. Muerren perhaps has better quality runs but is a bit smaller, and harder to get to. Drive to Grindelwald and jump on the train from there is the best bet IMO.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would start at Männlichen, ski across to Kleine Scheidegg, go up the Lauberhorn, lunch at Wengernalp, or the station restaurant at KS and then ski down to Brandegg in the afternoon
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I almost agree with pjd, Get to Wengen, go up the Mannlichen cablecar ski down to Mannlichen chair, up to top repeat until sun reaches mannlichen chair bottom station (at which point the rest of the slopes will start to be nice), then ski to Larger chair, on to Gummi chair, then Arven chair, if its early go up either Honnegg or Eigenordwand chairs first (all three start from same spot) up to Kleine Scheidegg then down the blue run to Brandegg for an early lunch, back up to Kleine Sceidegg, down to Wixi (you could grab the train to Eigergletscher and ski Black Rock or Oh God down to Wixi instead, from the top of Wixi either take the racetrack down to Innerwengen or the red back to Wixi, but don't leave it too late, the Lauberhorn especially the red down to Wixi gets a lot of sun and can go very heavy in the afternoon, but whatever you do go down to Innerwengen and then up to Allmend and back to Wengen.

If you just do one run of Manlichen, Lager, Gummi, Arven, Brandegg, Kl Sheidegg, Wixi, Innerwengen - Wengen you will have done a little over 30km

Best views from Mannlichen and Lauberhorn

Best value for Money eating at either Brandegg or the Station Buffet at Kleine Scheidegg
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh and if you can stay in Wengen
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks so much for your advice! It definitely sounds like Männlichen-Kleine Scheidegg ski area is the way to go. I will try and stay in Wengen. I did consider staying in Interlaken, as I thought that from a solo traveler perspective it may be more social there, but Wengen would definitely be more convenient for skiing.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
alenchic, if you want social you could try meeting the chaps from the DHO (Down Hill Only) ski club, theres a club room in what was once the hotel Eiger right by the Wengen railway station, where you will usually find members arriving sometime towards 6pm till about 7pm everyday they also ski in different locations each day and non members can join their group for one day to see what it's like, theres a group leader but no tuition or guiding per se Saturday is a day off but Sunday is a guide to the local area, where they don't go too fast but do generally cover a lot of the mountain.

http://www.downhillonly.com/site/dhowengen.shtml

If you want bars there are several in Wengen each with slightly different nightlife and ages
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pjd wrote:
I would start at Männlichen, ski across to Kleine Scheidegg, go up the Lauberhorn, lunch at Wengernalp, or the station restaurant at KS and then ski down to Brandegg in the afternoon

Ooo, that's a lovely ski day Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you for the suggestion, D G Orf! I am so excited about this trip and cannot wait to be in Wengen Smile.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy