Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First time ski purchase, Attraxion vs Unique

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am new to skiing after years of snowboarding. I did a seasonal rental and was given Rossignol attraxion skis, and after reading more about them, I think they are good for me. I am 37, relatively fit, but not at all interested in ever skiing super fast, super steep...I was never like that in all my years of snowboarding either. I just like to meander along long greens or easy blues.

So here are my questions:

I do kind of agree that total beginner skis are actually harder to learn on than one or two steps up. I have been told that the attraxion was replaced with the Unique, that they are essentially the same. Is this true? Because I have found some 2013 attraxions for sale online, and they are about $100 cheaper. So if they are totally identical, it seems like a good choice.

In the US, there are Unique, Unique 6, 8 and 10. Overseas there is also a 2, 2s, 4, 4s. When I read the info, it actually seems like the 2 and 2s are the same. What does the S stand for? Likewise with the 4 and the 4s.

And actually, the 2, 2s, 4 or 4s all seem like a slight step up from the Unique and Attraxion base, and I am considering buying some from overseas. Is there a reason I shouldnt? Is there a similar ski available in the US to these? Why arent they available in the US?

The reason I want to buy is because I just love having my own gear, getting used to it, and not dealing with new stuff every season.

Thanks so much!
Amanda
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gvroach, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead Can't help much, except to say that there were a lot of different Attraxions - some more "advanced" than others, and the numbering throughout the years is a bit confusing. I have some quite old Attraxion V, which I like very much, having bought second hand some years ago. I don't think you could safely generalise about the Attraxion "versus" something else.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They are just the base Attraxion. No number. I was told they were replaced by the Unique, again the base with no number. But I was thinking about the 2, 2s, 4 and 4s...and hence the questions. Thanks!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Attraxion is 'old' Unique. Main difference is a slight tip rocker in the Unique series. The numbers refer to the ability level the ski is marketed for. 2 being beginner level, 10 being advanced tot expert level.

If you have to choose between two of them, go for the higher number. If you have the choice between Attraxion and Unique - all else equal - go for Unique. They're a bit more versatile and easier to handle.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy