Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A ski video like you've never seen before

Poster: A snowHead
Just have to share this awesome vid. Mental. And amusing. Love the end! snowHead

One of those days - Candide Thovex

http://youtube.com/v/ygxufRprWpY
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laughing If I'd seen that coming at me, on a T bar, I'd have had a heart attack.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
KristinaV,
Quote:
A ski video like you've never seen before

Except we have...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=100370&highlight=candide

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2309220&highlight=candide+thovex#2309220

and had the argument about whether he's encouraging dangerous skiing Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

and had the argument about whether he's encouraging dangerous skiing

there's an argument Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some great skiing and some very creative editing...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
In my head, that's how I ski.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah! Oops. Excuse the revival!

Always an argument!? Wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
Quote:

and had the argument about whether he's encouraging dangerous skiing

there's an argument Puzzled

only if its dangerous to have fun Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Where was it shot?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
excellent skiier but if he skied round me on a tow at that speed i would be very tempted to trip him up with a pole.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think a few tried, with no success, if you watch again. It was shot in his home resort of La Clusaz.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Awesome skier, but what a prick Puzzled
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
if it's a true film, he is very talented, but also a massive c0ck. Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kel, thecramps, why? No-one at risk apart from him...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
eddiethebus, of course it's dangerous to have fun.
snow report
under a new name, so all those on the lift were not scared and all didn't maybe panic a little? if you think that was ok you are an anus.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 22-02-14 12:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
thecramps, didn't look panicked to me. And you are both rude and crude.
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
Kel, thecramps, why? No-one at risk apart from him...

Go to 22 seconds in, that's when I made my mind up, before the drag lift stunt. I am amazed quicksilver endorse the video. The guys are 2 very talented skiers, but pricks all the same.
ski holidays
I gather Thovex is actually a decent guy, but in this video he does behave like a complete and utter ar$e. His tricks going up the drag are stupid enough for a start. Lift companies spend time and money trying to stop people doing just that because it pulls the cable off the pulleys. Thovex and his idiot friend then seriously cut someone up at 0:20 and it just gets worse from there. Slaloming the drag was particularly daft and the stunt with the police car at the end was both faked and childish. The example Thovex sets for others is abysmal and he IS putting others at risk, not just himself. As I said, an utter moron.

I gather much/all of the video is staged. I'm not sure that makes it much better. Maybe it controls the risks to this involved, but it still implies this sort of behaviour is OK.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 22-02-14 9:17; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Kel, so? He's skiing between skiers? Just cos they're on a drag doesn't make it less safe than overtaking on the piste. Probably safer as they're more predictable and easier to avoid.
ski holidays
under a new name, of course it is less safe. The closing speeds are far higher. Imagine overtaking vehicles on the motorway by slaloming between them. That's a touch daft. Now imagine doing the same thing when going against the flow of traffic, even if it is relatively slow moving. The point was less about how safe his actions were, but how many idiots will try to emulate him.
snow report
foxtrotzulu, how fast do you thonk drag lifts run?
snow conditions
obviously the lift isnt going fast....but he is travelling at a fair speed towards it....and its definitely not relevant as to whether its safer than overtaking on the piste(!).
Fact is that slaloming the lift is not allowed. Where as overtaking on the piste is.
So by doing it he doesn't set a particularly good example. If everyone broke the rules like that then the pistes would be carnage.

On a lighter note....some of those tricks are truly awesome!!
snow conditions
Easily one of the best POV videos ever. Very Happy
ski holidays
Surprise suprise. Old people find risky video shocking, back to your daily mail.

Video was excellent and showed excellent skiing skills, and nobody was hurt.
But they might have been? Some idiots might copy him? Hardly his fault.
snow conditions
Filthyphil30k, Laughing
snow conditions
Filthyphil30k, plus 1 (where the Be Nice please! is the plus sign on a german keyboard?!)
snow report
Haha, who said he had to 'set an example', he's a pro skier not a teacher.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
foxtrotzulu, closing speeds not "much" higher, and maybe not higher at all.

And alex99, definitely safer than overtaking on piste, why just this very morning my chum, sliding slowly and in perfect control (but the uphill rider) nearly collided with the skier just in front as she transitioned from a dead straight snowplough into a sharp right turn, just in front of him. He just avoided her, but only just.

Having your obstacles in a lovely well controlled line is massively more predictable. And safer.

Thovex did not make his justifiably awesome reputation be sticking to the rules.

jimmer, +1
ski holidays
jellylegs, La Clusaz I think, it's where he grew up. Tends to do a lot of filming there, unbelievable variety of terrain.
snow report
under a new name wrote:
Kel, so? He's skiing between skiers? Just cos they're on a drag doesn't make it less safe than overtaking on the piste. Probably safer as they're more predictable and easier to avoid.

Read my post, then watch the video. I stated 22 seconds in. The guys are pricks, albeit very talented ones. End of.
snow report
No denying their talent, but can you imagine if you was a second day skier and you was on the drag lift for the first time when those 2 idiots came hurtling towards you Puzzled Puzzled .

I don't care how awesome they are, I don't think you would see Sebastian Vettel driving in the same manner on an open public road. And comparatively I don't think their awesomeness is anywhere near his.

Old fart rant over.
snow report
Shocked Shocked Very Happy
snow report
Kel, nothing happens 22 seconds in on my version. They're not pricks. You however are also rude and crude.
latest report
Kel, at 22 seconds they go within a few metres of a guy but are nowhere near hitting him. Totally in control.

Lift slalom is staged. And frankly I'd be much more comfortable with him slaloming around me than skiing on a busy piste filled with average holiday skiers.

Damaging lifts by doing tricks on them? I'm sure the marketing value of his videos to the resort is waaaaay more valuable than any damage that might cause.
snow report
clarky999, staged! Please, don't ruin a nice interweb tiff Happy
ski holidays
If anyone else tried to slalom down a T-bar the would be instantly thrown off the hill, and quite rightly so.
ski holidays
jimmer wrote:
Haha, who said he had to 'set an example', he's a pro skier not a teacher.

Agreed. I think it's safe to say that a lot of this is staged. Not to mention, undeniably badass. There's always going to be a few people up in arms because of their safety concerns. They're probably the ones that tend to get injured on the slopes because they're being too careful and paranoid.

clarky999 wrote:
Kel And frankly I'd be much more comfortable with him slaloming around me than skiing on a busy piste filled with average holiday skiers.

This.
snow report
The term cocky little git springs to mind.
latest report
Swissie, except, he's neither a little git nor cocky. Just doing his job...in his office...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy