Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Week 15Mar or 22Mar does it make a difference?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all,

I am thinking of going somewhere in Europe (hopefully Italy) in March.

Does it make much difference - snow and price wise - whether it is week commencing 15Mar or 22Mar??? I suppose I should be looking at High Alt. resort to try and find the best snow conditions.....

Comments are appreciated...

rb51
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
redbaron51 wrote:
hi all,

Does it make much difference - snow and price wise - whether it is week commencing 15Mar or 22Mar??? I suppose I should be looking at High Alt. resort to try and find the best snow conditions.....

rb51

This is my third year in a row going to the Dolomites on/around the 16th. Good skiing on every trip so far, but lots less snow in '12 rather than '13 - Italians (especially around the dolomites) are very good at managing the snow, so you get the best out of conditions.

as to cost then the dolomites pass is cheaper from the 15/3/14 onwards (but not by that much)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Bertie,

Do you go via TO or DIY???? Where are you staying?

Thanks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
redbaron51, I suppose other things being equal, and on average, the first week is better - but things are rarely equal. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
redbaron51, I would say no IME. The difference between 5th April and 12th April, could be because at that point things can detoriate quite quickly with limited chance of getting it back. But mid-March is very safe in my experience. Don't get me wrong it can still get warm, etc. but the base would be sufficient to hold things together. My experience is based on France and Austria but I'm not aware of Italy being much different. I think they have a good year also from what I can make out.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I shall now keep an eye to try and find good offers.....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bertie bassett wrote:
redbaron51 wrote:
hi all,

rb51

This is my third year in a row going to the Dolomites on/around the 16th. Good skiing on every trip so far, but lots less snow in '12 rather than '13 - Italians (especially around the dolomites) are very good at managing the snow, so you get the best out of conditions.

as to cost then the dolomites pass is cheaper from the 15/3/14 onwards (but not by that much)

Quite a few hotels participate in the Dolomiti Supersun offer from 15/03. Room rate is 7 days for 6 and ski pass rate is 6 days for 5, and that is in addition to the room rate and ski pass daily rate being cheaper than the proceeding weeks.

Yes I was there in 2012, the week before Easter and conditions were Grim. Off out in 3 weeks, think the snow should last till then.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
redbaron51 wrote:
Hi Bertie,

Do you go via TO or DIY???? Where are you staying?

Thanks

Done most options

Colfosco, Hotel JagerHof (TO)
Arabba, Portovescove (Snowheads BB)
San Cassiano - Mountain sun - TO, Albergo Frohsinn (this is where i'm going this march, courtesy of http://insideoutskiing.com/holidays.html#7)

If you're looking at DIY then fly to Innsbruck of Venice, and look for transfers with Dolomiti Stars or Cotrina Express. - call the tourist office for the resort you like if you have questions - afterall that's what they're paid to do...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy