Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All. I haven't posted before so please be gentle with me. I'm in turmoil. I ordered a pair of Elan Chrystal Magic for a bargain price and was horrified when they were out of stock. I've been offered Elan Night Perla or Elan Spice as a replacement. I've also looked at Head Mya 2 and 4. I've been skiing on and off for 30 years, but at 43 am winding down to a fairly gentle pace, happier singing my way down blues and reds with a bit of simple off piste and occasionally attempting to keep up with my freestyler children. I'm 5'7" and around 160lbs. Any thoughts?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't offer you much advice on the skis, except to say everyone I know who has skied the Heads likes them. Is it price that attracted you to the Elans or is that the ski you want to ski on?

What I will say is that at 43 you are a baby! Most snowHeads are much older than that! Why, I didn't even start skiing till I was 47.

Hopefully someone with more expertise than I on skis will be along soon to help, And welcome to snowHeads.

snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Juliak, I'm 45, 5ft9 and a bit heavier than you but also been skiing on and off for over 30 years. I'm happy on all pistes but my off-piste experience is limited to the soft stuff a few feet away from the side of the piste. I currently have Atomic Cloud D2 73 167cm which I love, but I've demoed a fair few others which might suit you too, such as Fischer Koa 78, Scott Luna, Movement Gloss. I actually didn't much like the Head Mya 6 when I demoed them, they felt a bit slow and wobbly to me, but the pair I tried were in serious need of waxing. I would suggest the Head Mya 2 are for beginners so below your ability level. I'm afraid I've never tried any Elan skis.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Juliak - my Wife is a similar height / weight / type of skier. She has a pair of Dynastar Exclusive Fluids and a pair of K2 Superfrees. She likes both sets but prefers the K2 Superfrees as she feels they are 'lighter' to ski with and to lug around - I think that they have a / more of a rocker compared with the Dynastars so this may make them more playful / easier to turn?

Cheers

Aled
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mmm, that's what I'm wondering. I like a bit of a rocker! And K2 is more in my sphere of experience with my little people. I'll go back to the drawing board. Thanks all. rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy