Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Homemade Spatzli

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have a recipe for homemade spatzli without needing gadgets? Hobbits arnt so good this time of year.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Off to find my c1973 Austrian recipe book. Don't hold your breath, it hasn't been seen for some years....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Goto supermarket. Pick up packet. Pay on the way out?

or http://www.swissmilk.ch/de/rezepte/HWL_TEIG1996_03/knoepfli-spaetzli.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flour, eggs and milk the one I did IIRC. Get a gadget, it's hard work without one as the mix gets more viscous and elastic the longer you take. At a pinch you can push it through the holes in the bottom of a stainless steamer/colander. Or maybe (not yet tried this) use the large holed plate in a potato ricer. As for the washing up, get someone else to do it. It sticks to everything rather tenaciously Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've seen the colander trick work but the trick seems to be getting the right viscosity ? In the mix, too sloppy and it won't form spatzli too sticky and it won't go through the holes not a bad recipie here http://www.europeancuisines.com/Swiss-German-Austrian-Spatzli-Spatzle-Spaetzle-Tiny-Flour-Dumplings-Recipe in the end its just a batter mix
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Buy a press.
I have tried collanders, graters, mashers and all other bits and bobs with holes in Shocked
You need a press or the Knockn grater - it is just too messy otherwise; in fact, it is stupidly messy anyway!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
flangesax, Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lidl stock Spätzle from time to time. But they're the shoestring ones, not the lumpy ones that you make yourself

Otherwise, Spätzlepresse. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gefu-13170-Potato-Sp%C3%A4tzle-Die-Cast/dp/B002X5FS7U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1392804743&sr=8-2&keywords=Sp%C3%A4tzlepresse&tag=amz07b-21
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For valentines day mrs joe got me a spätzel maker!
I've got the one that's like a pan lid with holes in.
It worked well though I put too much mix on it the first go and they started cooking before I managed to push it all through.
Worked a treat though. I used the recipe that came with the device but I can't remember it at all.
As an aside my local coop supermarket keep the crispy onions that go on top if käsespatzle if anyone wants to add that extra crunchy treat.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Friend of mine used a plastic bag with a hole cut out the corner and a pair of scissors. Squeezed the mix through with one hand and cut it every so often with the scissors in his other hand as it dropped in to the pan.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
James the Last,

A favourite of the mushette, her "Austrian noodles".
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My missus (German) uses a Spätzlepresse. Makes the goo in a mixing bowl. Puts a dollop in the press. Presses into a saucepan filled with water on a rolling boil. Fishes out with a holed ladle into a bowl with a drain off and lid. Repeat until all goo gone. Usually served with roast, veg and homemade gravy. It is a bit of a faff but then so is her potato salad. And they are both delish. We've bought the packet stuff on occasion. It's OK but as you would expect not quite as good as the made fresh. Kids love it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Try a potato ricer - works a treat for me!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Convert, bought one of them.. with the idea that they were more than half the price of the press... didn't work.. just made a mess..
However, i am normally prepping them for 13 people!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You definitely need a spätzlepress, and try and see if you can find a bierkase to use.
A lot of people just use emmental and it´s nowhere near as good.
latest report
kooky, you stinky stinky bird....
latest report
flangesax, I admit it, I do secretly sniff the wrappers and have been told to keep my bierkäse out on the balcony a few times Embarassed
ski holidays
2 German shops in Ham nr Richmond Surrey sell them in packets as well as the German shop by Borough. Mmmmm. Haven't managed to find Pinzgauerkäse though. Schade!
ski holidays
pjd, I would offer to send you some but can you imagine what it would smell like after a week in the Royal Mail Shocked
snow report
Do it!
latest report
I think our postman would pass out
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy