Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Cross - Petition to get Emily Sarsfield to Sochi. PLEASE SIGN

Poster: A snowHead
Emily is ranked 34 on the Olympic list just outside the initial 32. She came 21st on the Sochi track last year and 17th at World Champs...

Once the injured and over quota girls are taken away she is easily in the top 30.

We want to see Brits at the Olympics, kids can aspire to them, the athletes profiles will grow and much needed sponsorship for Winter sport will follow... Then we will have medal hopes.

If Emily got through the first heat, then the second she would be in the top 8! That is not impossible... And quite likely!!

Go EM... Support her petition to push the BOA to accept her place at Sochi,

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/british-olympic-organisation-accept-emily-sarsfield-s-invitation-from-fis-to-participate-in-the-ski-cross-event-at-the-2014-winter-olympics-in-sochi#intro
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
already done on FB but good to post here as well Vic. spread the word !!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just signed this as sent to me by my son who was at uni with Emily's sister - the word is spreading.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Vicsars, signed and shared with my Durham FB friends too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
done
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Done
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Signed and shared
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
done.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Signed and shared via Facebook
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Done. Hope it helps.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Done Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Done.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
More done
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
done
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
done
ski holidays
Seen on Facebook and signed.
latest report
extract from the link above:
The decision has been endorsed by British Ski & Snowboard (BSS) who say they believe Emily is unlikely to put in a "credible performance" at the games.
what kind of a statement is that? so does that mean that all sports should only endorse guaranteed gold medal athletes.
I believe every sport should take up their maximum allowance of athletes as long as they achieve qualifying standards - how else are you supposed to gain experience?
done
snow conditions
Done Smile
snow report
And shared on Facebook
snow report
Done, 2156 signatures so far.

Typical bureaucratic nonsense by BSS. I bet they take a bunch of suits and hangers on with them! Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
done. tweeted her support too
latest report
Thanks for all your support!

The place GB plan to decline for Emily will go to next inline Hedda Bernsten of Norway... Silver medalist in Vancouver Olympics Ski cross! If she was British she wouldn't be given the chance to get another medal!

Please sign to support against this crazy decision

http://www.change.org/petitions/british-olympic-organisation-accept-emily-sarsfield-s-invitation-from-fis-to-participate-in-the-ski-cross-event-at-the-2014-winter-olympics-in-sochi?fb_action_ids=10152148906031421&fb_action_types=change-org%3Arecruit&fb_ref=__HzGTMRykwz&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B1387199888207948%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22change-org%3Arecruit%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%22__HzGTMRykwz%22%5D
snow report
Done. But I'm just wondering if this will actually make any difference?
snow report
Signed.

I'm sure that Emily would put in a more credible performance than Vanessa Mae!
ski holidays
Done
ski holidays
Done.

What actually happens when the total they want is reached?
latest report
Probably nothing.
snow conditions
ansta1, I suspected that might be the case. Just wondered why the organsiers say 2500 signatures are 'needed' if reaching that total means naff all.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
swiftoid wrote:
ansta1, I suspected that might be the case. Just wondered why the organsiers say 2500 signatures are 'needed' if reaching that total means naff all.

The target keeps moving, was 1000.then after that was reached it went to 1500 etc
snow conditions
If athletes keep accepting decisions from governing bodies who don't understand the sport... We will never get anywhere!

This is to try and make a stand... No other country in their right mind would give up a quota in Ski Cross. Hence Hedda Bernsten of a Norway was next inline for the place... She won silver medal in Vancouver Ski cross! I hope her and her country make full use of it and she medals again!
latest report
I may be wrong on this but i am sure i recall someone in another sport acheived the qulifying criteria and was not supported/endorsed by the sports governing body so was able to enter as an independant - or have i got that very mixed up.
snow report
Done
snow report
MogulMonkey, some Indian athletes are going as independents but it's not the same situation.

From the link
Quote:
Four Indian skiers will be participating in the games as independent athletes, but they won't be able to formally represent their country, since the Indian Olympic Association has been suspended by the International Olympic Committee since 2012.
latest report
Done
snow report
I believe you can only compete under the Olympic flag/independant if you have no NOC (National Olympic Comittee) or they are banned/disbanded/in transition? We are looking into it though!! Thanks for your help!
snow conditions
Almost 6,000 signatures now... just listened to the interview she did on Talksport earlier today, if you missed it, here it is... linky

p.s. have BOA said anything further on the matter, or have they just put their fingers in their ears and gone "la la la" ?
snow report
MoodyFFS, who knows? Will they be able to admit they were wrong? Are they all men? (Joke - I think Little Angel )

Doesn't anyone here know anybody with any sort of influence? What about the Tea Club? Any action there? They always make out they're something important in British Skiing.
snow conditions
maggi, i think they probably are all men, and probably all exactly what will all expect... thus "the principle of a poor ruling is more important that whether the ruling it correct"... rolling eyes
ski holidays
maggi, Have been prodding the tea club but a deafening silence in response. Thing the BOA are probably too full of their self importants to admit they have got it wrong, look at the idiotic statement about credible performances!
snow report
done.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy