Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Issues with resort reps ski total

Poster: A snowHead
boogwa, Hotelplan UK (aka Inghams etc) own Ski Total. Inghams have been known to respond to issues raised on this site so worth directing them to the thread. Whether or not the rep stuffed up, threatening withdrawal of transfer is highly unprofessional and a breach of contract. If that's what actually happened. E&OE.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The meeting point on the day was difeerent to where we had been told to go

the group did not know the ski school was call ski school classic nor the fact the uniforms are design to set them apart.

we have a reciept which was handed over to the ski school. i have individual payment reciept they however do not stipulate which company we was to use.

I understand That ski total acts as an agent and that the contract is with the ski school and the purchaser, not between either party and Ski Total.

As for
Quote:

And, did no-one in your group queried that they had gotten a day of lessons for free, from a company who had stepped in at the last minute through no fault of their own? What was the arrangement for payment with this company, and who made it?

It was queried and explaind that ski school alberg should not be disregarded for there effort to try and resolve The Reps Poor communication.

We where then furthur told we Had three lessons with Ski school Classic and we had NO furthur amount to pay.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

can you write in your first language and then hit google translate?

On SH Ive seen two different people make remarks about two different peoples spelling and the poster has replied, "Im sorry, Im dyslexic". Some people are very snobby on here about the standard of posters written English. Its uncalled for in my opinion.

Given the lack of communication from Zenith on our last holiday for our ski equipment hire then I can totally sympathise with the OP - thankfully ours only resulted in a very stressful 45 minutes rather than being out of pocket by a fair few £.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Its uncalled for in my opinion.

+1 sufficient to point out that the story is not, as written, comprehensible (which it isn't). My son in law is dyslexic - if he has something important to write he runs it past my daughter, to proof read.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shimmy Alcott, point taken.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you Shimmy Alcott

I am infact Dyslexic but do not feel it is a dissadvantage to myself. I there for do not rely upon it as an excuse
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dav wrote:
Sitter wrote:
Ski School Arlberg get bookings from Total, so if somebody turns up saying they have lessons booked via a TO, then it's not surprising they accept it. Sounds like there are issues on both sides here, not just the rep and RM, but the guests also.

Actually, it is in my experience, having taken lessons and worked for TOs booking them for other people, you either get a voucher or the ski school/instructor has a list of names they should be taking. At the very least, if names aren't on the list, the ski school would call the TO to clarify it; not just take the guests without any confirmation or suggestion of how payment will be made. That's the unexplained factor so far (or, at least, one of them....)

Depends on what the OP took with them to the meeting point, payment confirmation which may or may not have the ski school name on, or voucher which, depending on how the voucher was written again may or may not have the ski school name on. Like you say, unexplained factors and no doubt missing key information relating to the issue too.

Edit, OP posted as I was typing, seems no mention of ski school was made on voucher/invoice/whatever, which does happen in my experience (worked for SSA last Feb for a week, had an Inghams guest with voucher that didn't state ski school, but did state course name which in this instance was unmistakeable being one for a children's course that only SSA run).

Edit 2: I'd still want to know who I was booking lessons with tho, ski school meeting points can be chaotic at the best of times and different companies do have meeting points close together. A lot easier if you know who you are looking for amongst the crowd of instructors, supervisors, customers and general public skiing to the lifts.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 18-02-14 19:11; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller,

We did have a meeting with the resort Manager 50 minutes before departure of resort.

I ask what would the punishment be if we refused to pay the extra amount.

To which the reply was i would follow company lines and refuse you transfer and Plane flights.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boogwa, no problem. I think my stock response might be "Im dylexic, you wakner" wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
boogwa wrote:
The meeting point on the day was difeerent to where we had been told to go

the group did not know the ski school was call ski school classic nor the fact the uniforms are design to set them apart.

OK this part I don't get, why in a group of 19 guests not one knew what the name of the ski school was. If the rep hasn't told you then its poor service. Although to be fair if none of your group have found that out, I'd be amazed and wonder why.

boogwa wrote:
we have a reciept which was handed over to the ski school. i have individual payment reciept they however do not stipulate which company we was to use.

Which ski school? On the first day? Can you remember if your receipt had the name of the ski school on it? I'm guessing not.

boogwa wrote:
It was queried and explaind that ski school alberg should not be disregarded for there effort to try and resolve The Reps Poor communication.

We where then furthur told we Had three lessons with Ski school Classic and we had NO furthur amount to pay.

This is the bit you may have trouble with, and if you hope for anything back from ST you may need to clarify further.

Sorry to say but it seems like its a bit of all of your fault, although if what you say is accurate ST's rep has done a poor job. But I'd expect out of a group of 19 that one of them would know the name of the ski school and what uniform they wear, especially as you say a lot of your group are intelligent and have skied before.

In the worst case, a group of 7 have shared 300 and got an extra day's instruction for it. Not ideal, but it's not as if they've paid for a service they never got. £40 over the course of a whole holiday for some instruction is a small price to pay to get over such a c*ck up.

Somehow I think there's more to this than quite meets the eye, but good luck anyway.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Depends on what the OP took with them to the meeting point, payment confirmation which may or may not have the ski school name on, or voucher which, depending on how the voucher was written again may or may not have the ski school name on. Like you say, unexplained factors and no doubt missing key information relating to the issue too.

A ski School Voucher was handed over to which was questioned for 30 minutes phonecalls where made, and we where trying to track down Ski Total for Clarification of what was going on.
They refused to ring Any of the party at the ski school due to us been on UK numbers
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boogwa wrote:
Quote:

A ski School Voucher was handed over to which was questioned for 30 minutes phonecalls where made, and we where trying to track down Ski Total for Clarification of what was going on.
They refused to ring Any of the party at the ski school due to us been on UK numbers

Really?! Is this what they told you?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Sorry to say but it seems like its a bit of all of your fault, although if what you say is accurate ST's rep has done a poor job. But I'd expect out of a group of 19 that one of them would know the name of the ski school and what uniform they wear, especially as you say a lot of your group are intelligent and have skied before.

I am dissapointed in ourselfs for not clarrifying this matter however with the rush and with there been 20 in the group Not all Guest where sold lift passes, (1 guest was left at the chalet trying to get a responce from Ski Total why there was confusion).

Even Ski School Alberg could Not understand why we where not booked on and that is why they did there best to cover the ski lesson in the morning
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

That is what we was Told which i was disgusted at and furthur complaind on the evening. The reply was its company policy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boogwa wrote:
May i Say my verbal Communication far outways my ability to communicate in writing.
Ski Total Staff how ever where unable to Comunicate with Two vets, A high end Pub Manager, and an accountant to say the least.
If Instructions where given from the Staff you can be assured they where followed correctly.

Okay, far enough.
snow conditions
boogwa wrote:
Quote:

That is what we was Told which i was disgusted at and furthur complaind on the evening. The reply was its company policy

That's exceptionally poor if that's true, so you should chase this one up. TO's I've worked for (in France) provide phones for reps and RMs that can call all numbers, and I've never heard of any restrictions on calling guests who are in resort in cases of urgency, like this one. My first season's mobile phone had a plan to allow for unlimited calls to UK numbers from 8am to 8pm, 7 days of the week, even if they were personal calls.

I've not worked for Ski Total though, so can't comment on their individual policy.
ski holidays
Quote:

Dav

Thankyou I will be chasing this up.

Along with the theft while guest where sleeping, And resort Staff not associated to us using the Chalet.

I belive better Training for staff may be in order.
snow report
Hotelplan reps phones were (I guess still are) locked for international calls for some reason. IIRC, the RM's phone isn't.

From SSA's point of view, they've had customers turn up with a voucher for a private ski lesson, ok names may not be on their list, but then you could have been a last minute booking, hence the acceptance from them. Could you not have asked the rep to phone the instructor/ski school person with you (who no doubt has an Austrian phone) once they had clarified the situation as to where you should be?
snow report
Dav, exactly, had to give the lesson card to the guests to give it to the instructor at the start of the lesson. The rep would have had to issue a receipt when taking payment, did it have any details of your lesson? Did you not get a resort map with the ski school meeting point marked on it?

From what I understand the group got 4 days of lessons not 3, so it makes sense to me that you would need to pay for the extra one? rolling eyes
snow conditions
Sitter wrote:
Hotelplan reps phones were (I guess still are) locked for international calls for some reason. IIRC, the RM's phone isn't.

From SSA's point of view, they've had customers turn up with a voucher for a private ski lesson, ok names may not be on their list, but then you could have been a last minute booking, hence the acceptance from them. Could you not have asked the rep to phone the instructor/ski school person with you (who no doubt has an Austrian phone) once they had clarified the situation as to where you should be?

Yep, this is the part I would expect. Either the rep to clarify with the ski school, or (I would expect in the first place) vice versa.

Its also poor for Ski Total to have no-one at the ski school meet point to resolve this. That is what the rep's and RM do; first day of skiing is entirely dedicated to making sure lift passes are delivered, ski equipment is sorted, and lessons get off ok. Often one rep for the whole resort will be stationed at the ski school meet point(s), just in case something like this happens.
latest report
Yes, only the resort manager could call international numbers and had to document every single call. Pretty annoying...
latest report
I can 100% believe no one knew the name of the ski school - why would yo uif you thought there was only one, or that only one met at the 'ski school meeting point'? Pay, get voucher, wait at meeting point....oh, it's all a bit confusing and no one seems to be here for us. Call Ski Total, they do b-all, have lesson, it all gets a bit confused as to who is paying.

Personally I think Ski Total and the punters should slit 50/50 cos they did cock up but you did get an extra lesson.
snow report
boogwa wrote:
Quote:

Dav

Along with the theft while guest where sleeping, And resort Staff not associated to us using the Chalet.

Some guests don't like this, but it happens, especially when one TO has got multiple properties close to each other. It can be for any reason, sometimes one chalet will have a stock room for all other chalet properties, or a laundry, anything, sometimes as simple as another chalet property runs out of milk or sugar and the short term fix is to borrow from close by. Without knowing the specifics of this one I'd suggest you're perhaps best leaving this one, though I can empathise that guests don't like it if they see faces they don't recognise.
ski holidays
Quote:

Personally I think Ski Total and the punters should slit 50/50 cos they did cock up but you did get an extra lesson.

we offerd this option in resort it was out rightly refused

Quote:

Some guests don't like this, but it happens, especially when one TO has got multiple properties close to each other. It can be for any reason, sometimes one chalet will have a stock room for all other chalet properties, or a laundry, anything, sometimes as simple as another chalet property runs out of milk or sugar and the short term fix is to borrow from close by. Without knowing the specifics of this one I'd suggest you're perhaps best leaving this one, though I can empathise that guests don't like it if they see faces they don't recognise.

i would let it drop however due to a theft at 5am from someones room i am not pleased with the security after we had been told all other chalet staft did no need to enter our areas they had there own passage
snow conditions
boogwa wrote:
Quote:

Dav

PM me the chalet name if you like as I know a lot of the chalets in St Anton (not just Hotelplan ones), but you do sometimes get staff from other properties using other chalet for various reasons, eg we had storage space in another, staff accom is sometimes located in other chalets, we were short of the odd item of food, cloths washing facilities in another chalet etc.
ski holidays
boogwa wrote:

i would let it drop however due to a theft at 5am from someones room i am not pleased with the security after we had been told all other chalet staft did no need to enter our areas they had there own passage

Did you get a police report for this? It is standard policy if a theft is reported in a chalet for the guests to report it to the police and get an incident report, as without an individual police report you won't have too much joy for claiming back on insurance. It's not something you can expect the chalet staff to just do, but the RM should go to the police with the guests if it happens.
snow report
boogwa, That sounds like a very exact time for a theft. How do you know what time the theft was? What was taken? Must have been valuable or I have to say it sounds a bit far fetched. What did the police say about it? It would be a very ballsy thief to steal from someones room in a chalet with 20+ people in it. Never heard of that before in any resort.

My feeling is still that I think there is another side to this.
ski holidays
kat.ryb wrote:
I can 100% believe no one knew the name of the ski school - why would yo uif you thought there was only one, or that only one met at the 'ski school meeting point'? Pay, get voucher, wait at meeting point....oh, it's all a bit confusing and no one seems to be here for us. Call Ski Total, they do b-all, have lesson, it all gets a bit confused as to who is paying.

I can't, not even a little bit, over a dozen experienced skiers and not one thought 'i bet there is more than one meeting point or ski school in st anton'. No way.....And no matter what my teenage rep said to me, I wouldn't be expecting to get anything I actually received, free of charge - I have enough trouble sometimes not being charged for things that never actually happened! (e.g. one instructor last trip was so late we had given up and left (45mins) - we still nearly ended up paying for it...not the rep/to fault though, even though he had booked it - sorry to say stewart woodward that one WAS the red team Wink)

If it wasn't for the posting history I'd be calling troll....it's just so wierd....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd have more sympathy with the "they had the lesson, they should pay" point of view if they were given the choice of 3 vs 4 lessons, quoted a price for the extra lesson in advance, or not told not to worry about it.

As for meeting points I know it varies by resort, but without specific instruction from the rep about the choice of schools I would also be inclined to assume there was only one ski school that worked from the meeting point I was directed to.

There's clearly at least a breakdown in comms from the TO here -- not checking the guests understood (or even telling them?) the name of ski school / colour of jackets, not communicating a consistent story what the guests owed, not presenting a choice about lesson 4, and then demanding money with apparent threats at the last minute -- and all that makes me sympathise with the poster.
ski holidays
Quote:

boogwa, That sounds like a very exact time for a theft. How do you know what time the theft was? What was taken? Must have been valuable or I have to say it sounds a bit far fetched. What did the police say about it? It would be a very ballsy thief to steal from someones room in a chalet with 20+ people in it. Never heard of that before in any resort.

It it indeed an accurate time one of the people in the room was slightly awoken and checked the room and corridor moments later a further few guest heard some noises but persumed it was sum1 going to a toilet there was a nokia phone taken, an oakley jacket, and a wallet left on a bedside table this was placed there as it held a friends medication.

police report was taken at the cost of a days skiing to a few guests
ski holidays
Quote:

I can't, not even a little bit, over a dozen experienced skiers and not one thought 'i bet there is more than one meeting point or ski school in st anton'.

Unfortunatly the Rep told us to meet the ski instructor at the nasserienbahn gondola. This was apparrent to be the wrong meeting place, however the following day the instructor found the group at that point.
snow report
That is nuts. A chalet holding 20 mates and someone is brazen enough to prowl the corridor, enter a bedroom and take a jacket from a bedside table????
snow report
boogwa wrote:
Bode Swiller,

We did have a meeting with the resort Manager 50 minutes before departure of resort.

I ask what would the punishment be if we refused to pay the extra amount.

To which the reply was i would follow company lines and refuse you transfer and Plane flights.

I must say, I would have gone somewhat deranged at that moment. Perhaps best not to ask a rep "what the punishment is" better to tell them what "the situation is" - you are the customer after all. Your transfer and flight are not in dispute - they are obliged to provide it because you have paid for it. Hotel Plan do not own aircraft - they cannot refuse you flights for which you have confirmed reservations and for which you have paid. The ski lessons are a completely separate, unconnected matter. Get mad.
snow conditions
Indeed that is why a number of guest had problems sleeping and huge issues about the security thankfully we where all older then 18, dread to think if any of us had children with us. it scary to think how vulnarable you are in what is meant to be secure place.
as for the jacket i am not sure where that was taken from the wallet was left on a bedside table though
snow conditions
I would say the thief was in a far more vulnerable position than the 20 of you Shocked
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, Thanyou i would loved to have got mad in resort but for the sake of the worried people in the group, and to risk spoiling the full trip we had no option.

All in all the service from the reps was atrocious. Chalet maids and Chef fantastic. Unfortunatly the inconsistancy in staff lets them down.

And the lies the reps are willing to tell to get them out of trouble is poor.

I have writen statements from all the guest involved with the ski lessons they all match unfortunatly the same cannot be said for the Rep
latest report
dode,
i agree i wish a few of us would have met the thief in the act. Things would be alot clearer.
snow report
Why do chalet operators not provide rooms with a locking doors? This is one of my only bugbears with them. I've never had a hotel room that didn't lock, and thankfully most chalets I've used have locks too, but the odd one still doesn't which is even more disconcerting when you then find out that one/several external doors are also unsecured.

(Anyone that chooses not to lock their door at night... do you leave your front doors unlocked too?)
snow conditions
I think Reverend White did it in the library with the candlestick
snow report
andyrew, correct apart from the candlestick. It was a black scott ski pole
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy