Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel 1650 & 1850 Cheap ish lunch spots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations for good value/cheap'ish places to have lunch while we are skiing in the 1650 & 1850 areas please?

Also places to have a chocolat chaud avec rum for a mid morning break ;p)

We travel on 22nd Feb!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a bakery in a small shopping centre just across the road and behind the main lifts in 1850 where you can get lunch (panini and a coffee) for under 10 euro.

The Courchneige hotel/restaurant on the left hand side of the bellecote piste as you ski back to 1850 from the Altiport area is good value if not quite cheap and a very nice setting. I think the children's menu for example was 12 euro, and I think my soup etc was under 10, but they also have much more impressive and expensive things on the menu.

If you feel like skiing down to La Tania there are plenty of cafes and restaurants on the piste side there that are good value.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hotel Courche-Neige , next to the Bellecote drag lift. It looks expensive ( 4 star ), and is, BUT ---- The starter is 15 euros and you can go up as often as you like - Salmon, parma ham, oysters, shrimps , delicious proper French salads, homemade soup, you name it. We would spend an hour there, and go up 3 or 4 times.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you ski to the bottom of 1650 you can take the escalator to the main street in 1650. Bars and restos are quite a bit cheaper there than on the pistes. I went to Rockys Bar but there are several others including a good patisserie/sandwich shop next door to Rockys. Leave your skis at the bottom of the piste, preferably locked up.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The hole in the wall place right at the bottom of the piste in 1650 (part of a hotel, but fotgotten the name) has an 8E chicken nugget and chips which is surprisingly good (real chicken pieces) but you only have a choice of sitting outside, probably on the piste as not many chairs even. The burger place in la Tania (far left as you head into la tania, before the flat run down to the gondola - http://www.publeskilodge.com/ ) does good burgers for E12. The sherpa in meribel mottarett does a great take away burger (huge!) for E7. I you get to Les Menuires, try the igloo on Boyes piste - good pizza E12 - add chips and serves two.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ctrl + alt + 4
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hobbiteater, or Alt Gr + F4
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very Happy Thanks I will make a note of all of this!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NehNeh Not on my work keyboard (mappings all a bit broken thanks to some remoting and cross-platform-ness) - although I will just for you guys, find one and cut and past it in Wink

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
1650 bottom on the escalator and turn right up to La Boulotte, or get to it by going to the right of the main slope down the road between La Portetta and the Child nursery place, bottom of the road on the left.
Quality food at reasonable prices, with Banter thrown in for free.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy