Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski equipment thefts on the mountain

Poster: A snowHead
zikomo - nothing personal Wink - I just think the WHOLE conversation is so unnecessarily exhausted.. opinions are opinions and when two people on t'internet disagree, long-winded arguments are futile.

Amusing, nonetheless!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
a.j. wrote:
Yep, we've lost two and broken a few, never been charged so far....I don't mind doing a day without if someone loses one.

I am intrigued about a single pole theft though......did you wait it out and see if there was one other lonely pole at the end of the day? When someone took a set from our group we waited a while and sure enough there was another pair left on the ground nearby once everyone else had left (not remotely similar). We did wait around a while longer to see if the 'thief' (just an idiot in this case for sure, ours were nasty hire poles, these were quite nice privately owned ones) resurfaced, but in the end we left them and went back to the hire shop for new ones. If the ones left had been hire poles though I would have taken them tbh - as far as i can tell the shops all sort it out at the end of the week/season, but I figured EVENTUALLY the culprit was going to work it out and come back for his poles (hire shop told us at the end of the week the missing poles did indeed surface in the central arc1800 store that evening so I'm guessing he figured it out!)

AsterixTG Shocked you do wonder what goes through people's minds sometimes...was he smart enough to have checked they fit or had his plan not got that far d'you think?

aj xx

What happened here was a nervous skier dropped a pole on the lift and couldn't get down without the other so in desperation took somebody else's which then creates TT he same situation again! Seen this happen so many times with guests, both culprits and victims. Most resorts, the nearest lift WILL have spare poles picked up on the sweeps so do ask and please make sure you give back next day and then these 'thefts' won't happen
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
a.j. wrote:
Yep, we've lost two and broken a few, never been charged so far....I don't mind doing a day without if someone loses one.

I am intrigued about a single pole theft though......did you wait it out and see if there was one other lonely pole at the end of the day? When someone took a set from our group we waited a while and sure enough there was another pair left on the ground nearby once everyone else had left (not remotely similar). We did wait around a while longer to see if the 'thief' (just an idiot in this case for sure, ours were nasty hire poles, these were quite nice privately owned ones) resurfaced, but in the end we left them and went back to the hire shop for new ones. If the ones left had been hire poles though I would have taken them tbh - as far as i can tell the shops all sort it out at the end of the week/season, but I figured EVENTUALLY the culprit was going to work it out and come back for his poles (hire shop told us at the end of the week the missing poles did indeed surface in the central arc1800 store that evening so I'm guessing he figured it out!)

AsterixTG Shocked you do wonder what goes through people's minds sometimes...was he smart enough to have checked they fit or had his plan not got that far d'you think?

aj xx

What happened here was a nervous skier dropped a pole on the lift and couldn't get down without the other so in desperation took somebody else's which then creates TT he same situation again! Seen this happen so many times with guests, both culprits and victims. Most resorts, the nearest lift WILL have spare poles picked up on the sweeps so do ask and please make sure you give back next day and then these 'thefts' won't happen
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Above is abt single pole being left
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
zikomo wrote:
limegreen1 wrote:
it has something to do with the french closing the borders and not allowing the mass immigration from the eastern block, where they empty the prisons and get rid of the criminals. The EK checks seem to have failed and one has got through. The police have put out a bulletin in search for the fugitive and a brief description ... One polski ... thief

Just plain racist. Why assume people from eastern block are the problem? Most selfish, rude, aggressive and drunk (often all 4) I have come across in resorts are natives of our fair isles (I could say what part, but whats the point we both know it will be where you are from)

Seriously?! My polish mates would love that joke, as if that poster was being racist?! Jeez, PC gone mad if you think that from that post.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
KristinaV wrote:
zikomo - nothing personal Wink - I just think the WHOLE conversation is so unnecessarily exhausted.. opinions are opinions and when two people on t'internet disagree, long-winded arguments are futile.

Amusing, nonetheless!

I took it in that spirit, don't worry.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This is also a WRITTEN forum rather than all of us sat around a table chatting. Sometimes, quite often in my experience, things can be read differently than it was intended to be said. Hard to tell when it's written as you can't tell the jokey intent. I didn't see it as racist. Nor did I see any malicious intent. Even if I did think there was I would have given the benefit of the doubt as this is more in the range of reference of poking fun at someone's (read "a friend's") trousers, instead of a tirade of abuse against someone or something.

I feel & have been told I'm fairly well rounded in the personality front. As can be said for most of the people on here. I can joke both abrasively & lightly. I also know reasonably well when each would be suitable.

Life's short. The ski season's shorter! Why get hung up on a couple of words when there was no malicious intent? I've heard a hell of a lot worse ...

Whilst enjoyable to watch (who's got the popcorn?) lighten up!

That's my 2cents worth ... European 2 cents that is ... None of that American 2 cents ... wink wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well said!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stop being racist Truss ski, ... Or is that xenophobic???
Arggghhhh, can't believe I got caught up....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ah for god sake, first the pols, then the scots, next we will have the Irish in here . Where are the mods?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah for god sake, first the pols, then the scots, next we will have the Irish in here . Where are the mods?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ah but would it be Racist? Would it be Xenophobic? or could it just be a comment on the financial stability of a currency unit or is it ... a joke ...
Hard to tell without hearing a voice, isn't it?

Couldn't resist!

I'm secretly gutted as just returned from LP after missing the Saturday ski (we drove) as too slushy & too warm & 24 hrs later there's 36 hrs of snow. Now that's something to get worked up about ...
Enjoy.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Truss ski, Very Happy
But try telling that to my Hindu Scots pal... Or my black Irish friend. It's almost racist to call the Scots or the Irish a race. Shocked Shocked
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I own a pair of black scott poles. Are they mixed race or duel heritage?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thecramps,
Quote:
duel heritage?

Do you use them for sword fighting?
snow conditions
Raceplate, Only in Austria.
ski holidays
This thread's detour is so ridiculous I feel obliged to post a link to some more racist, xenophobic, tasteless and possibly funny stereotyped jokes.

http://www.jokelibrary.net/nationalities/Polish.html#man_wants_to_buy_polish_sausage

Feel free to accuse me of all sorts of crimes against humanity in return wink
snow conditions
Raceplate, Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Raceplate, gonna accuse you of crimes against humour in some of those examples Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Stoopid UAE - Raceplate, site is banned here.
ski holidays
AsterixTG, Is there sort of adult controls on the whole of UAE? I never knew that.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy