Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to do a season.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm planing on doing a season next year 2014/15 and I'm deciding between the resorts of tignes, alpe dhuez, les deux alpes or st anton or any where else someone could recommend.
I am a capable rider and would Ideally like some where that has large areas of accesable of piste, a well equipped park and a heavy seasonaire scene. Which is whi I have chosen these resorts. if any one is able to help as to which one would be best to do a season I would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Robborder, St Anton
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Robborder, St Anton park isn't great, there's only a small one at Rendl.

Plenty of natural hits and a big seasonnaire scene though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
meribel park looked fantastic and 3v is one of the biggest, personally I'd be tempted by les arcs too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Robborder, 2Alpes, closely followed by Alpe d'Huez. A season pass for one gives you 10 days access to the other, plus discount at La Grave.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
clarky999 wrote:
Robboarder, St Anton park isn't great, there's only a small one at Rendl.

Plenty of natural hits and a big seasonnaire scene though.

And also a fun slope on Galzig, plus parks in both Lech and Warth. All small ones, but let's face it, you don't really go to St Anton/the Arlberg for the park, it's more about the off-piste. Having said that, there is a good vibe/community at the park on Rendl.

Robboarder, are you planning on working much during your season, or just bumming? St Anton isn't the cheapest of places for accommodation, a lot of seasonnaires tend to live further out in St Jakob or Pettneu where accom costs are much less.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ahhhhh, to have ever been able to bum for a season....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would like to bum it but don't think it can afford it haha, thinking of being a kp. How dose st anton compare with tignes?
Thanks for all the feed back
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
St Anto wants to remain primarily a traditional alpine Ski Area They couuld easily build a huge
Fun park, half pipe but that not what the resort wants.

However, In the Arlberg Boarders will find the best lift served access to endless OffPiste/back country
Terrain anywhere in Europe.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeh I get that and think its good that they are not turning into a huge mega resort like some in France and parks aren't a big issue for me it's just if you get unlucky with the snow which limits the off piste or later on in the season, a larger park would come in handy but definitely prefer powder to park.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I did two seasons in L2A and personally wouldn't go back, the towns a bit meh and so is the riding, La Grave aside of course! If you fancy Austria St Anton, Mayrhofen and Saalbach are the three that stand out for me, great riding and good vibes.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
], ok mayrhofen is a really cool place!
Dose any one know how the prices compare in Austria to France? e.g. St anton to tignes?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Robborder wrote:
I would like to bum it but don't think it can afford it haha, thinking of being a kp. How dose st anton compare with tignes?
Thanks for all the feed back

You do realise that if you apply to a big tour operator (i,e, the ones that are more likely to need kp's) then you'll have very limited control over what resort you'll be sent to. It's all very well saying I'd prefer st. anton, but I'd guess most jobs there would go to returners.

If you apply to a smaller operator then if they only have accommodation in say ADH then you'll be pretty much guaranteed a job in ADH, that is if you get the job.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Robborder, as bertie says you'll likely have limited choice of where you end up with the larger TOs. I worked for Crystal in my first season, and they ask that you provide 3 choices of resort. I didn't get any of my choices. But I did get lucky and got Les Arcs, which was a phenomenal place to spend a winter season. I can't recall there being any KP positions in resort though, the whole Crystal team was reps and chalet hosts.

In terms of price, France is typically a little more expensive than somewhere like St. Anton. But with seasonaires' prices in most bars you won't pay the punter top whack.

The best option is to get in there early, start getting applications into lots of places from May and June onwards. That will probably give you best choice.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy