Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow chains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have a Toyota Rav4 and might take it to Switzerland next feb. I've been looking at snow chains and notice that the supposed 4x4 chains are a lot chunkier than normal at 16mm links rather than 9mm and as a result a lot more expensive. Has anyone used normal 9mm chains on similar SUV tyres, they're not big chunky land rover style tyres so didn't think it'll make that much difference.
Also, with a 4x4 are you supposed to fit chains to all 4 wheels or can you get away with just the fronts?.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
you dont have to fit chains on a 4x4 unless you need them ........ legally

we have the micelin ones on special offer in Coop just now 60chf on the sharan - it makes a difference in the packed snow and sheet ice

I havent needed chains on the frontera and we have 46cm of snow so far.......
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
obelix67, do you have winter tyres fitted though?. The rav tyres are what I would call wet weather tyres rather than winter let alone off road style tread patterns.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy