Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

how much to drive to Bourg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know I could work it out, but that is what this forum is for .... My three sons and I are off for a jolly. Booking flights or train this late plus the transfer are looking quite high so how much does it cost to drive to Bourg st Maurice. Petrol, ferry/train, insurance, tolls, maybe need snow chains ? .. looking to drive through so no need for a stop over cost. Looks like great snow all over so not necessarily limited to specific area resorts.
May well be better waiting for a last minute ski package though ....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
limegreen1, if you put your route in at viamichelin.com and tell it what kind of car you are driving, it will work it out for you (tolls and fuel).

You definitely need snow chains, especially if you don't have winter tyres (you do hope it'll be snowing, yes?)

Insurance? Mine doesn't charge extra for France.

Add tunnel, £150 return, approx. Ferry is less.

Even if you don't have a thirsty car a last minute package might be better.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Pam. I think there is only two ways of getting a "cheap" week. Last minute or Zakopane. What you could help me with is Les Contamines. l drove through Saises, Flumet and Hauteluce. Got to to the col joly, and have always been drawn to going back to ski. Would rather stay Les Contamines rather than on the Megeve side. Any reccomendations.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
£460.00 Ashford to 3v, for tolls , fuel and Chunnel.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Return.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I reccon on £400 from the midlands if the skis are in the car £440, if they are on the roof. But that doesn't include snowchains (have them already) insurance (ditto) breakdown insurance, depreciation, car parking, food on route or audio books. To some extent it depends what rate you can get on the ferry crossing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

l drove through Saises, Flumet and Hauteluce. Got to to the col joly, and have always been drawn to going back to ski.

I can't recommend anywhere in Les Contamines - but if you put up a thread asking about that there are a couple of SHs with apartments there, and a number of others who have stayed.

There are two ways of getting to the Col de Joly - one by lift from Bellville, on the Hauteluce side, the other by road to LC village (from the Megeve/St Gervais road) then by lift.

But Les Contamines is NOT linked to Megeve by skis.

And I'm not sure where Flumet comes into the picture - were you driving from Ugine through the Gorge d'Arly?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It was just I was driving/cycling through the area in the summer and it was beautiful. Just remember flumet, beaufort saises and hauteluce as names we passed in the area and ended up on the col joly from the hauteluce side . Wanted to stay on Les Contamines side so will post up. Will get the maps out. I have heard it is a really good area for ski touring.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy