Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Paying Chamonix Marie

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Following oski's crash at New Year -
http://youtube.com/v/rUFurt86BQ0 - we eventually got a bill for the subsequent evacuation to Chamonix hospital, which we forewarded to the insurance company.

I thought the insurance company would pay this directly, but no, they've sent us a cheque for the amount of the claim (less excess) so it now looks like I'll have to pay the bill directly.

The bill seems to say it can be paid at the Marie Chamonix, or by cheque. But we're now back in the UK and I can't write a Euro cheque.

Anyone else had this problem? How did you pay it?

(He's okay by the way - racing again next week.)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RobW, nice tumble.

Ask the Mairie to send you a copy of their RIB (releve d'identite bancaire) which will have their IBAN and SWIFT codes on it and just get your bank (you can probably do it online) to send a SEPA transfer for the amount. The original bill probably has the details on it (I'm pretty sure any bill we get from them does). Ensure you identify your transfer pretty clearly so that they know who it's from and what it's for.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ouch, will they take a inter bank transfer? caxtonfx will do it for free, if you use your bank as above they will charge a fee.
http://www.caxtonfx.com/international-payments/for-you/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hobbiteater, agreed, also look at these guys http://www.eigerfxdirect.com/personal/international-payments
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hobbiteater, Bode Swiller, if it's a SEPA payment, it will be pretty cheap (near free?). Alternatively, try www.transferwise.com which we are finding rather good.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If the bill quoted the BIC/IBAN then yes it would be easy. But whilst there is space on the bill for them they haven't been supplied! I'll get back to them and see if they can supply the details.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Aha!
Looking on www.chamonix.fr and there is a "Paeiment en ligne Secours de Piste" which takes me through to this page: http://www.chamonix.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=781

Now why didn't then just put that on the bottom of the bill????
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well it was a good idea. But their online payment thingy just complains that the amount I put in doesn't correspond to that bill number. .. Skullie
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RobW, I suppose it's vaguely possible that this process generates you a reference that will identify your payment to them - i.e. the domestic Swiss banking system has unique reference numbers for each individual payment that you make, so they organisations can track payments more easily. You need to input these qhen paying on line for example.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RobW, are you usign a "," between the euros and cents or a "."? e.g. 100 euros and 20 cents should be 100,20 not 100.20 as we might put it in the UK

The first online payment I made bounced because I didn't realise..then I put the comma in the wrong place and tried to pay someone 9000 euros instead on 900! Luckily the bank manager noticed and canceleld the payment!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, There are separate boxes for the € and cents, so no . or , needed. Tried leaving the cents blank (it's zero) and it objected too.

I'll have to get in touch with them I suppose. Can anyone see a likely email address on the chamonix.fr website? My french isn't up to finding one...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RobW, just phone the Mairie. They'll find someone who speaks English if the person who picks up doesn't.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RobW, if you get really stuck pm me and we'll work something out!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy