Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gopro question that better not turn into a helmet thread!!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
meh, you're so right with your critique based on your own superlative vids like this

One Run @ Blafjoll - 02/08 from Charles Palmer
http://vimeo.com/86190832

compared to my own feeble efforts Smile

Bareges tree skiing in The Pyrenees from Weathercam
http://vimeo.com/59298434
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Weathercam, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. My own personal prowess at making videos or skiing has nothing to do with what I've said. But thanks for backing up my assertion!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
meh, Weathercam,

FFS rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timbobaggins, I know, I know, we should get a room. Very Happy

All I was saying is that calling people dick heads for wearing a camera on their helmet is a little desperate.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
meh, sorry but you seemed to be by your critique putting yourself on a pedastol when it comes to vid editing.........

That film could have done with being at least half as long. Watching people do the same turns down non-descript parts of the hill gets boring very fast whether it's POV or not. The bottom line is that it's very often what you capture as well as how you capture it. There are some awesome little 3 minute videos on the interwebs purely made up of GoPro shots. That said 90% of peoples videos are made purely for them or a small group of friends to remind them of an awesome time together so I don't see why there is a need to denigrate people for making them. YMMV.

And I was merely pointing out the high quality of your own film edits Laughing

Stones / glass houses and all that....

Still say anyone with a mount on their helmet can be perceived as a huge cock!

And if skiers are not motivated by what is cool and not cool in the fashion stakes then you are on a different planet to most.

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Weathercam, I dunno dude, I make videos for different purposes. The one you chose to highlight is just the latest one which shows me back skiing after I was in a car crash a few weeks ago and also shows the conditions at the small ski hill I'm skiing at for the most part as a new Dad. I basically made it to link in the Iceland conditions thread for the people who were wondering how I was getting on and to make it a touch more interesting. It's still much less than half as long as your own video from a year ago you chose to subject people too. I'm pretty sure I'm following my own advice there.

BTW it's a pedestal and you still look desperate.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
meh, well I see that you have chosen to subscribe (see below) to my videos on Vimeo, seems a tad ironic after all this Laughing

By the way this is my YouTube channel should you feel the need to subscribe to that http://youtube.com/user/WeatherCam Cool

I use Vimeo when I lay a sound track to my vids and YouTube when no soundtrack

Here's a nice little 1:40 non GoPro vid from a couple of weeks back

http://youtube.com/v/ag00qV3OLZU

And this was me a few year backs getting back out on the mountain after being hellied off a year previously, all shot with a GoPro but shows how you can make a film (if over long) slightly more interesting rolling eyes

Serre Chevalier 2012 - back after ACL Op from Weathercam
http://vimeo.com/38507672

Anyway enough on this now, have fun.....................

Hello Weathercam,

Charles Palmer just started following you on Vimeo.

Charles Palmer on Vimeo:
http://vimeo.com/meheleventyone
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Weathercam, why wouldn't I follow you on Vimeo? It's how you use the site! All it means is that I see the stuff you add or other videos you like in my feed. You also seem to have got defensive about the wrong thing... all I said was the one video was a bit long! You should have a poke around my profile as not all the videos are one long take of a run. wink

All I was actually complaining about was you calling people dick heads, punters, looking down on people and all that taudry unpleasantness over where they chose to put their camera!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Related topic........when out in St Anton in January I soon filled up my 32gb micro SD card and think I was on too high resolution/ shots per second setting........what are people generally using?

When I got home the mpv4 files are huge and are jumpy on TV think it may be a settings issue. I'd welcome any advice, going out again in 3 weeks and want to be sorted before I go. Think I was on 1080, maybe I need 720/50?

Cheers for any advice
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Markymark29, it'll be jumpy because whatever you're using to decode the footage can't cope with the data rate. Lowering the resolution is a big help for that as is lowering the framerate. I take everything off the card and onto a computer every night if I'm on a trip to keep the card free. Then start/stop the camera regularly to keep the files smaller and easy to catalog, and try to be selective with what you film.

720p is perfect if you're looking to put it on the internet somewhere.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
meh, great, as I thought. Didn't take my laptop last time, am driving this time so can take all the toys and will clear card daily when doing battery recharge overnight. It replays back on 1080 OK on laptop but TV is pulling data from media server via Ethernet cables which I think is the issue there. I reformatted the files and much reduced file sizes which works fine but took ages so keen to avoid that.

I bought the battery pack which seems a good investment and worked well. Much happier with Black 3 than I was with my previous Contour, much easier functions and less faffing about.

Does anyone else hate hearing their own voice on replays, I do! My mate gives himself running commentary, I just keep quiet apart from an occasional "whoop whoop", "get in" etc! Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Markymark29, haha, I do a good line in whooping at random people and grunting if the skiing is very physical. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy