Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rate your most important ski technique

Poster: A snowHead
A handy guide

http://youtube.com/v/sU5cftDHOqo

I am so going to try the hobo next time I get a chance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laughing not once seen a hobo, but should spread the word.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm not sure the hobo would work for me.

Also they don't include the way I carry my skis... I'm disappointed. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Meh, how do you carry yours? I do different ones depending on where I am going, what I am doing etc, usually up on my shoulder, and for long distance I do the suitcase, and if I am lazy I use them as a cane,. I never drag them though and if I saw someone dragging their skis, I think I would smack them. Laughing. I the hobo is deadly but I can imagine at my height that I would manage to prod someone behind me in the chin with my tips.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
my kids do the girlfriend a lot.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
biddpyat, Yep, I was thinking that was more the parent and kids
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Girlfriend or fish hook...😄😄 Blush
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
biddpyat, my gentleman's gentlemen caddies for me. wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nice one Laughing I'm looking forward to their next instalment on top tips for looking like a 14 year old when you are really 31 Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would have called the "decapitator" the "scissors". The decapitator is when someone has his/her ski over the shoulder and keeps turning round looking for his/her mates while almost taking someone's head off /eye out with their skis.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 12-02-14 9:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DB wrote:
I would have called the "decapitator" the "scissors". The decapitator is when someone has his/her ski over the shoulder and keeps turning round looking for his/her mates while almost talking someone head off /eye out with their skis.

I got a huge amount of insurance compensation after a "decapitator" hit me in the face with his skis.... hey but my wife's a lawyer. Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fishhook for me, but it rubs holes in the sides of your jacket after a couple of years... Sad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
davidof wrote:
DB wrote:
I would have called the "decapitator" the "scissors". The decapitator is when someone has his/her ski over the shoulder and keeps turning round looking for his/her mates while almost taking someone's head off /eye out with their skis.

I got a huge amount of insurance compensation after a "decapitator" hit me in the face with his skis.... hey but my wife's a lawyer. Laughing

...... and so you should have, the worst ones do it while on the mobile phone.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

http://youtube.com/v/ybwlUH123O4
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

http://youtube.com/v/SMvgNTNET4o
ski holidays
i've pretty much lost count of the amount of times i've been hit by skiiers carrying skis over there shoulders. i'd actually list it as the thing skiiers do the most that annoys me Sad
ski holidays
DB, The Quick Pole one sould be called the kneecapper.
latest report
Random backward-stabbing poles (especially in lift queues and right as you get on a lift) is the one that gets me. Yet another reason why snowboarding is superior. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Those lads in the last part of the last video should become borders.... ha ha. The video though is so correct, the only thing incorrect is being able to wait for the Gondola like that, in the morning there are usually so many scrabbling for the gondola that getting your skis in and jumping in is a fast process.
snow report
Myself, I'm quite happy looking like a dick with my skis clipped into my back pack, though for short distances I carry them like a rifle with binding in hand and skis resting vertically against the shoulder. Lost count the number of times I've been twatted by muppets taking them off their shoulder.
ski holidays
good tips in this one on driving without snowchains.....

http://youtube.com/v/GKYWEYojeXs
latest report
I'd like to propose another, A set of jnr skis, a set of adult skis and poles, all lashed onto a snowboard with a belt, carried in multiple positions and shifted about to prevent finger severing and shoulder dislocation, with a set of junior boots held in the opposite hand.

Named possible "The Familyman" or maybe "The Packhorse" or "The Muggins"
latest report
Haha! Loving these. I occasionally partake in the local, will pimp cane it if I'm too tired to lift them which clearly indicates "the boyfriend (*husband) lift is required. Hate carrying skiis still, can't find a comfortable position as get a dead shoulder much of the time. Doorstep skiing is the way forward...! Laughing
snow conditions
Haha! Loving these. I occasionally partake in the local, will pimp cane it if I'm too tired to lift them which clearly indicates "the boyfriend (*husband) lift is required. Hate carrying skiis still, can't find a comfortable position as get a dead shoulder much of the time. Doorstep skiing is the way forward...! Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy