Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's the perfect place for a lads trip?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi. My first post but I thoroughly recommend the Hotel Staffler in Niederau run by nick and Yana Brooker - a vivacious GB couple. We have been as a group of girls (the snow angels) about 8 times and it's always fabulous fun. Fairly basic hotel, simple breakfasts although you can order bacon rolls, 3 course supper and it's approx 45 or next year I think 50 euros pppn to include supper and b'fast. A bar, sky sports, pool table, about 30 bedrooms. Nick and Yana normally offer ski guiding from Hopfgarten or a westendorf in the skii Welt or this year we went from Kitzbuhel one day and Zillertal another, ALWAYS via all the best restaurants (you just need to all chip in to pay for their lunch to say thankyou). Nick leaves at about 7.30am for these day trips which can be hard if you have stayed up til late in the Cave bar! Take a look on trip advisor for more info and great reviews. Also big bonus -you can arrive and depart (Munich or Salzburg) any day of the week.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HoneyBunny wrote:
Go for the Rosanna in St Anton for apres/nightlife or the Moris in Val.

Thanks. I still like the look of the Rosanna but the Moris does look a bit grim and the reviews are pretty dire too...

http://www.markwarner.co.uk/ski-holidays/val-d'isere/chalethotel-moris
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187271-d1645406-Reviews-Chalet_Hotel_Moris-Val_d_Isere_Savoie_Rhone_Alpes.html

Saying that, I do like the Chalet Hotel format and Mark Warner do seem to have some decent late deals (all of these prices include ski passes)...

St Anton

£806 - http://www.markwarner.co.uk/ski-holidays/st-anton/chalethotel-rosanna [Aduly only]
£665 - http://www.markwarner.co.uk/ski-holidays/st-anton/chalethotel-schweizerhof

Courchavel

£859 - http://www.markwarner.co.uk/ski-holidays/courchevel/chalethotel-dahu

Meribel

£813 - http://www.markwarner.co.uk/ski-holidays/meribel/chalethotel-tarentaise

Tignes

£809 - http://www.markwarner.co.uk/ski-holidays/tignes/chalethotel-aiguille-percee
£645 - http://www.markwarner.co.uk/ski-holidays/tignes/chalethotel-hauts-de-toviere

Val d'Isere

£834 - http://www.markwarner.co.uk/ski-holidays/val-d'isere/chalethotel-moris [Adult only]
£869 - http://www.markwarner.co.uk/ski-holidays/val-d'isere/chalethotel-le-val-d'isere

Putting aside the ski-in/out requirement, most seem to fit my brief.

Do any other tour operators have a similar Chalet Hotel offering?

Pete
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JL wrote:
Hi. My first post but I thoroughly recommend the Hotel Staffler in Niederau run by nick and Yana Brooker - a vivacious GB couple. We have been as a group of girls (the snow angels) about 8 times and it's always fabulous fun. Fairly basic hotel, simple breakfasts although you can order bacon rolls, 3 course supper and it's approx 45 or next year I think 50 euros pppn to include supper and b'fast. A bar, sky sports, pool table, about 30 bedrooms. Nick and Yana normally offer ski guiding from Hopfgarten or a westendorf in the skii Welt or this year we went from Kitzbuhel one day and Zillertal another, ALWAYS via all the best restaurants (you just need to all chip in to pay for their lunch to say thankyou). Nick leaves at about 7.30am for these day trips which can be hard if you have stayed up til late in the Cave bar! Take a look on trip advisor for more info and great reviews. Also big bonus -you can arrive and depart (Munich or Salzburg) any day of the week.

Thanks - I've stayed in Niederau and had a great time but the skiing is just too limited for us for the week.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
HoneyBunny wrote:
Another vote for Saalbach/Hinterglemm. Much preferred it to St Anton. It has everything you could want, I love the place.

Highly recommend the Konig with Crystal (half board, excellent food, great location) and will report on Berger's Sporthotel on my return.

One week to goooooooooooooo!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

HoneyBunny, how did you get on at the Sporthotel? Which would be your recommendation the Konig or the Sporthotel?

Pete
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PeteMan, didn't you go already?

I've stayed at the Konig and we loved it there as did we Saalbach. There is a little walk to the lifts about 5mins and the little bar was apt for a nightcap. Food was excellent. I've also been to Solden which was great and ticks all your boxes though maybe slightly more expensive. I also think Tignes is a good shout too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We're off to Ischgl in January for a boys trip. Haven't been there before but from everything I've read it looks great.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonesi, we are going in January too, staying in Kappl though which means it will be quieter at night for a few beers, but will still ski ischgl, looking forward to it, Want to see where pete man picked last year for his trip with the boys.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@PeteMan, I enjoyed the Sporthotel, it has a great location right in the centre of town, just a 2 min walk to the lifts. The food was slightly strange and the rooms are compact but the atmosphere is good - there's a decent hotel bar and the livelier apres bar next door is fun. I think the Sporthotel is a bit expensive for what it is, you're really paying for the location.

I think you get a better deal at the Konig. The food is fantastic, the rooms are bigger, staff are great and you can ski right back to it. In the mornings you jump on the learner drag right outside, walk across the road and you're at the bottom of one of the main lifts (Kohlmais I think). It's only a 5 minute walk into town, and Bobby's (awesome bar) is just along the road.

Coming back is just over the road from Bauer's Schi-Alm, which is handy!

We loved Saalbach a LOT, and will be back for sure.

However, just for a change our group is off to Ischgl this January and we cannot WAIT.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We've done boys trips to St ANton, Sauze, Solden & Mayrhofen.

5 times Sauze, once Solden, once St Anton, 8 times Mayrhofen

Mayrhofen/Zillertal have more skiing than you can do in a week, good apres reasonably priced accomodation. What's not to like. Not ski in/out but accomodation is all close to uplift and great ski bus and train service too

Although we are going back to Solden this year as some of the "boys" missed last years trip

Hoff for 2016 tho
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@biddpyat, when are you going and what are you doing for the transfer. We're going on Wednesday 21st but would be happy to share a bus if possible to lower the cost.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, 9 months after starting this thread, I took the advice of many of you and have booked the Hotel Post in Saalbach. Slightly worried about the potential lack of snow (we leave 14/3), other than that very excited. Just hope that conditions are better than last winter, if not we'll be enjoying the apres ski and the spa.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PeteMan wrote:
Well, 9 months after starting this thread, I took the advice of many of you and have booked the Hotel Post in Saalbach. Slightly worried about the potential lack of snow (we leave 14/3),

Wow, can you forecast that far ahead, I know the met office spent £100milliin on a new computer...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
2planks wrote:
PeteMan wrote:
Well, 9 months after starting this thread, I took the advice of many of you and have booked the Hotel Post in Saalbach. Slightly worried about the potential lack of snow (we leave 14/3),

Wow, can you forecast that far ahead, I know the met office spent £100milliin on a new computer...

Worrying about a lack of snow is part of the fun of a skiing holiday! For heightened concern, I recommend a lowish resort at the extreme ends of the season! Secretly I'm hoping for someone to say "it'll be fine PeteMan".
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@PeteMan, It'll be fine, don't worry. Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@halfhand, gee, thanks snowHead
snow report
@Jonesj, We are going on the 7th, returning the 14th, flying to memmingen and car hire, it isn't too long to drive. Although if there were more of us it would be better to hire a transfer rather than having a car sit idle for a week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy