Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gloves for £30 top £50

Poster: A snowHead
I found junior a lovely pair of Reusch gloves in TK Maxx for this season. The mushette got some expensive penguin mittens from Snowtrax, probably not as good but they do look cute.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rogg wrote:
+1 for TacKy Maxx - one pair goretex Level unders for €35 and a pair of Lobsterclaw overs for €25. They also had some goretex dakine 'low profile' pipe type gloves, leather and goretex for €35, but the last pair of Dakines i had (Novas?) were certainly not 'the best', stitching came loose after a few days and they leaked. Anyone else had problems with them? I really like their surf gear and was quite surprised by the gloves.

Hi the pair of dakine goretex gloves I have the stitching was fine during the two weeks I used them last season. I've had a couple of pairs of North Face Gloves by now by contrast which were hopelss. To be fair I took one pair back and got a refund, but wouldnt buy them again due to my perception of their quality.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers dan100, I've often wondered if that pair of gloves was a one off.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Look on rivington alpine website- think he posts on here. Hester army gloves 75 and the short glove 55 reusch goretex mittens 25.

Also had head Titan skis for 464 on eBay. Must not be tempted.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mike-H wrote:
enfilade, they look like a bargain - Only £25 in the sale.
http://www.twobarefeet.co.uk/snow/snow-accessories/snow-gloves-and-ski-gloves/oneill-avalanche-snow-ski-gloves-accessories-navy-night.html

Not sure how much of a sale it is, I bought them for the same price about a month back but yes still very much a bargain. Got a really nice O'Neill jacket from there too
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mike-H,
Try googling "Chamonix bin men's gloves" or just Venitex leather gloves. £15 a pair plus a couple of pounds for nikwax proofer and you are away. I bought 2 pairs for me and number 1 son at Christmas but have not worn them in anger yet. At that price it is worth the experiment, & from the wrists downwards anyone can be mistaken for a guide.

Marmot Basic Work Glove at a mere £30 are a more upmarket version.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The gloves I've worn for the last few years were 8 euros from Castorama, warm, breathable, durable, also good for gardening.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
HammondR wrote:
Mike-H,
Try googling "Chamonix bin men's gloves" or just Venitex leather gloves. £15 a pair plus a couple of pounds for nikwax proofer and you are away. I bought 2 pairs for me and number 1 son at Christmas but have not worn them in anger yet. At that price it is worth the experiment, & from the wrists downwards anyone can be mistaken for a guide.

So they'll be those yellow gloves I always see people wearing then.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I bought 2 pairs in Decathalon, wedze or similar for £12, worn most days since the beginning of December still going strong...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Montane Extreme gloves and mitts. Cheap, tough, warm, very breathable and quick drying.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've just used the venitex leathers for a week and they stayed surprisingly dry inside even on a rainy day when the outside was soaking. Not the prettiest things and a bit stiff after drying but better than other cheaper purpose made ski gloves.
Quite warm as well.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
enfilade,

Indeed they are. Depending on your point of view they provide a look which is either slightly down at heel (but "nails"), or like a bin man.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nevis1003, Tried the Wedze ones they had in my store. Very thin and no waterproofing.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kinco 901's @ £32.50 wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
enfilade wrote:
HammondR wrote:
Mike-H,

So they'll be those yellow gloves I always see people wearing then.

I get mine in Costco, made in USA buckskin creamy yellow gloves, toasty lining, I thin they're about £20 for 2 pairs. I teach in the a Hemel, so comfortable and you'll never wear them out, they're like cowboy gloves.
I'd imagine you coils apply some sort of waterproofing if required, but I don't.
snow report
Sold my Hestras size 9, but if anyone interested I've also got a pair of size 8 Hestra all black Army XCR Goretex/ leather gloves £45 bargain incl p&p, 8.5/10 condition. PM me with email address and I'll send photos......cost me £100 new. Toofy Grin
latest report
rogg wrote:
+1 for TacKy Maxx - one pair goretex Level unders for €35 and a pair of Lobsterclaw overs for €25. They also had some goretex dakine 'low profile' pipe type gloves, leather and goretex for €35, but the last pair of Dakines i had (Novas?) were certainly not 'the best', stitching came loose after a few days and they leaked. Anyone else had problems with them? I really like their surf gear and was quite surprised by the gloves.

I bought a pair of Dakine Scout gloves this year. the stitching came off inside the right glove and one the left liner. Dakine have a lifetime warranty that covers stitching. My gloves are currently with customer service with Snow and Rock.

http://eu.dakine.com/images/eu/Warranty%20document_Nov.12_ENG.pdf
snow conditions
SportPursuit have got some pretty cools Haglofs gloves for under £45 at the mo, http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/haglofs-mens-feb14/skra-gloves-imperial-purple/join/Steve_Sparks_23614
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy