Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

trying not to be negative..... but

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
China invented both golf and football. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/648d345c-7eba-11e3-8642-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2t838QpCq

And I'm afraid that for any sport not played at the average school (football, football, and, er, football) it will only be those who can afford to have private lessons who will succeed. I don't quite see why the nation feels it needs to be successful at sport and subsidise children.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
T Bar, re your comment about privilege helping. Yes, it probably does , because private schools tend to have great sports facilities, but don't get distracted by the fee paying aspect. A great many of those athlete would have won sports scholarships and not be paying full/any fees.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
foxtrotzulu,
I am not sure how many schools offer many sports scholarships that pay a significant percentage of the fees, Millfield is an obvious example. However most scholars either academic or sporting would probably go to such schools anyway. Most scholarships are gained from other private 'Prep' schools rather than the State sector.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's a great shame that Sheffield Ski Village has closed. Many kids from poor backgrounds got the opportunity to learn there through school. Many of those that learned with James Woods, Katie Summerhayes etc weren't from privileged backgrounds (I'm not sure that you would say that those two were particularly either). The ski clubs encouraged talent and supported those who weren't loaded with cash but showed interest and talent. The clubs were staffed by volunteers and there are more youngsters with the potential to make it big.

The lack of a local dry slope now turns it into an expensive trip to a snowdome for those interested, and take up has dropped off. Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It needs to be free, the same way that running and football are free.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well done Lizzie Yarnold! Very Happy

Definitely not our worst return on medals vs entries!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ansta1 wrote:
Sochi.

Taking the most athletes we ever have, with, we are told the best chance of results. So far apart from snowboard slopestyle we don't seem to be living up to the hype. Is this going to be the worst return on medals versus entries?

I really hate to be negative....

Feeling any less negative now?

Guaranteed to at least equal our best ever results of 1 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronze at Chamonix in 1924.

If the men win the curling, it will be slightly better. And we still have two chances in short track, and a chance in the 4 man bob. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Elizabeth B, the loss of the Sheffield facility was sad, but with two snow domes close by I expect it was only a matter of time. Plenty still using the dry slope in Sunderland - it was where I learnt to ski and my daugther goes there now - she is just a lot better than I ever was
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We are not really very good at skiing compared to the Alpine nations - and the US.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's because we don't have any mountains where you can ski every day from when you are 2 and a half! And whilst Sowsports England reject UK passport holders who live in France through their formative years 'because its not fair on kids that live in England' we will never win an A;pine skiing medal.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chocksaway wrote:
That's because we don't have any mountains where you can ski every day from when you are 2 and a half! .

Apart from those Scottish ones. We've got until September to make the most of them!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
alex_heney, no chance of a gold in the curling though
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy