Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Following Jenny Jones into the park? Are you insured?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Surprisingly some ski insurance specifically excludes snow parks or terrain parks, before you and yours are tempted to emulate Jenny Jones victory check your insurance!
A typical claim can be £25k+ and can be as high as £230,000 That's a lot of your hard earned if you are not covered!

" Nowhere else on the mountain delivers more pain. "

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 10-02-14 13:42; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well highlighted. Mine doesn't have any such exclusions, not that I go in the park much anyway. Far too likely to hurt myself! Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If I get 30cm off the ground thats enough "air" for me.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pretty sure it was excluded on my dog tag policy...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dogtag is one of the ones that excludes it (well reading the wording it would seem only if you are on skis, snowboard is fine!), would also seem to have given themselves enough wriggle room to get out even with 30cm of air on the side of the piste!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
blahblahblah wrote:
If I get 30cm off the ground thats enough "air" for me.

plus one
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Isnt it like when you take your own car on track days and crash it?

You just get your mates to drag you onto the main slope and claim it happened there dont you?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
medlington, well, assuming your broken neck/back/legs allows for it...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bob wrote:
pretty sure it was excluded on my dog tag policy...

Ski Aerials are NOT covered snow parks are according to my DT Policy Documents. Of course it does depend on what package and level of cover you have paid for.
Slopestyle isn't mentioned for boards or ski's.

BTB found a guide to DogTag Freeride insurance http://www.dogtag.co.uk/queried-sports-folder/freeride-travel-insurance.aspx
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We moved our policy again this year for that very reason (was virgin). I can see why companies are excluding it by default though, easy to pickup a minor-but-big-enough-to-bother-to-claim injury in the park.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's unlikely Slopestyle per se is mentioned as its a kind of competitive event, and most normal holiday insurances exclude any competitive activity. But if you're talking about freestyle skiing and snowboarding then as has been mentioned - READ YOUR POLICY CAREFULLY. I was looking at DogTag and specifically didn't go with them as while their policy of off-piste is pretty clear, their cover in the park is very vague - indeed, you could read it as you're not covered as soon as your bases leave snow no matter where you are...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd certainly follow Jenny Jones around but not into the park (technically stalking but hey). Seems to me that she, Torah Bright and many of the others had all "recovered" from concussions and then there was the split helmet incident during the final and we shouldn't forget Sarah Burke's untimely death. And they all wear best helmets. And they all train mega hours for it. It all kinda gives you a big clue as to how dangerous it can be - catch a backside edge on a board and slam the back of your head onto the hardpack, nice.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy