Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Use your credit card when possible when paying in Euros

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
FairFX still charge for ATM withdrawals (or did when I last used them).

I have the FairFX card but Kalixa offer another 2 cents over them at the moment with the same no charge. The only difference between them is that with FairFX you get the rate that's advertised when you load the card up with funds, so you lock in the rate. The Kalixa card you get the rate on the day of the transaction. But as I say, their rates are always a bit higher. With both though you can cover yourself if the rates are looking likely to fall/go up etc.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I got 1.2 using Halifax card in VdI last week. No charges. I loaded the account just before leaving to reduce interest on cash withdrawals and and paid off the balance on returning from the holiday. In any case, the interest would be a trifling amount if paid off promptly.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RobW wrote:
blahblahblah wrote:
The lift pass office was the only place that did not take it.

Where did you succeed in using it? I use credit cards for just about *everything* when travelling, and amex was refused so often (all over the world) that I gave up even trying to use it.

I use a Costco Amex for just about everything. Get 3% rebate on restaurants, 2% on travel (including expenses at work, which really adds up up) and 1% on everything else.

Yes retailers who don't accept have told me it is because of the Wolloping they get. But when you are booking business class flights to China a few times a year and weeks away in hotels, it starts to add up. Got the Max £400 rebate last year snowHead snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy