Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl-Looking for off-piste buddies -Feb. 24th-28th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I'm an American girl, mid-30s, heading to Ischgl with some friends week of Feb. 24th. However, they are strong intermediates and will not leave the pistes. I prefer off-piste skiing, so I'm looking to join a group to share a guide for a couple of days off piste if the conditions are good (assuming that I can rent the avalanche gear from a ski shop/guide). If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Chris
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm going to Ischgl on 8th March. I'd have been happy to hook up.

I've been once before but conditions were pretty much bullet proof and not good for off piste.

Ischgl has some easily accessible and visible off piste alongside and in between pistes ,but it doesn't seem to attract many off piste officianados like nearby St Anton.

I'd be interested to know if Snowheads have any tips on off piste routes/intineries in Ischgl as there just doesn't seem to be much info available online?

Any hints or tips wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hedley, I'm going same day as you so happy to meet for a beer or a ski. Can't offer much advice on off piste though. As you suggest its predominately a piste skiers resort.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hedley,
There are itineraries marked in red dotted lines on the piste map which are relatively little skied (Far less than in the Arlberg) and often have good snow. There are quite a few lines off piste with in the area that you can just look out for. There are also some lines down to Kappl and Samnaun that are probably best done with a guide. Not difficult but can be exposed to Avalanche danger and I would try them with local knowledge only. They are far less skied than equivalent routes in the Arlberg and often have good snow well after the last snow fall. Only drawback is that it does not sound like they are having a great snow year this year last time I did the Kappl run in a poorish snow year I destroyed my bases.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi all. we went to Ischgl last year and I was astonished at how little off piste was being done by other people. It is predominantly a piste skiers resort leaving lots of opportunities. We got fresh tracks in something every day despite no new snow falling. We used freeride map (https://www.freeride-map.com/index.php?lid=2&cid=200) which was helpful.
cec257, if you are thinking of renting avalanche gear I would check first, I might have missed it but there really did not seem to be any shops doing backcountry gear. Guides may be able to help but again, I would check
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I will be in Ischgl next week as well, happy to share a guide or just go off-piste together. I will be in the same situation - my friends will stay on-piste. Chris
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy