Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Music To ride to?

Poster: A snowHead
I understand snowboarding while listening to music is dangerous!
It's just gunna be playing in one ear....anything good!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll start

Eye of the Tiger
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Depends what you're into, but I listen to a lot of chilled and old school Hip-Hop:
Jurassic 5, Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Kendrick Lamar, Q-Tip, Mobb Deep, The Four Owls
Also listen to House mixes. But I honestly think it's entirely down to personal preference.. one of my mates listens to rock and heavy metal!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Avicii
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I prefer the quiet....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I listen to music when riding solo, if only to stop people on the lift talking to me (grumpy fecker!)

mostly hip hip, joey badass, miggos, Wu, action bronson all going round my phone at the moment Smile (action bronson especially, just awesome!)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyone sing to themselves?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I tried listening to James Bond's OHMSS which got me too pumped so I switched to drum & bass and nearly killed myself! I don't listen to anything now as I like the quiet and sounds of the snow crunching, the wind etc etc
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thamks All, will have a look!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pendulum, Asif Avidan, M83, Temper Trap, Jurasic 5, Jay-Z
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I ride in silence cause... well, mountain silence isn't like anything else, is it? But at Hemel I ride to Rhye, Parov Stelar, Disclosure and Schneeweiss by Oliver Koletzki. Same playlist applies for driving up to the mountain.

(a remix of Asif Avidan's One day/Reckoning song is on my list atm. Great record)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
eddiethebus, Thanks for Action Bronson tip, liking what I've found so far - he's a real character. I kind of feel that real hip hop died in the late 90's but every now and then I get surprised by something new.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
call me dave wrote:
I ride in silence cause... well, mountain silence isn't like anything else

This rolling eyes

However, if not on my own, I have plenty of 'really' long classic trance mixes to listen to... Let me know if you need me to share Smile

Alternatively... Green Day, The Enemy...

Also, if you're gonna ride with tunes, I'd recommend an actual audio helmet, as they do not throw music right into your lug holes (like ear buds would) and mean you can actually hear stuff around you as well... Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow Hound wrote:
eddiethebus, Thanks for Action Bronson tip, liking what I've found so far - he's a real character. I kind of feel that real hip hop died in the late 90's but every now and then I get surprised by something new.

yeah, he's interesting for sure.

this is one of my favorites....

http://youtube.com/v/QS-c9757LY0

Next up, arts and crafts Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://open.spotify.com/user/montgele/playlist/14vXOR9IG4HZZOlqxMOwt8
ski holidays
One Direction?
ski holidays
Status Quo has me bouncing in powder.
snow report
I've an eclectic mix - Pendulum or Chemical Brothers for the descent. Madelaine Peyroux for the ups.

Sometimes for a change some classic BBC radio 4 comedy - Alan Partridge, Radio Active etc
snow report
I hum the OHMSS James Bond theme tune to myself as I clutch both my ski poles across my stomach like a machine gun! Da da, Da da, Da da daaaaaa!
snow conditions
Embarassed U2, streets with no name Embarassed

I've also got a load of 90's aerobic music 120 - 150 bpm that's fantastic for developing a turn rhythm . . . regrettably there are also pics of me in 'Spandex' Embarassed
ski holidays
gary wrote:
I hum the OHMSS James Bond theme tune to myself as I clutch both my ski poles across my stomach like a machine gun! Da da, Da da, Da da daaaaaa!

You carry ski poles whilst snowboarding?
ski holidays
Ah, my bad, I ski & hum.
snow report
Music for riding too.

Barry white mate, no question.

Cool
snow report
Puddle of mud - spin you around - classic tune to shred to ! Very Happy
ski holidays
ChinxSkis wrote:
I understand snowboarding while listening to music is dangerous!
It's just gunna be playing in one ear....anything good!
Art of flight soundtrack and M83
snow conditions
for me the best are jazz, big band... some thnk like that! but everybady has his own music Smile
snow conditions
Shakin Stevens, Dollar, Bucks Fizz, Alvin Stardust, The Osmonds, The Seekers, Cat Stevens, Tina Marie, Wings, Tina Charles and Procal Harlem........methinks not!! wink

I personally don't listen to anything because I like to hear the mountain (and idiots going too fast behind me) but if I did it'd be Trance, MOS, House classics, compilations stuff.....I'd probably do something daft though I'd be so on it!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I pretend to listen to music with my massive Skull Candy headphones on over my beanie, whilst I look all miserable at the top of the park. Secretly I hate snowboarding, but it makes me look cool.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Gnarbeque, Laughing
snow report
Got a couple of riding mixes, all sorts of stuff on there: Foo Fighters, ACDC, Guns n Roses, Kings of Leon, Iggy Pop, White Stripes, Blink182, MGMT, Ash, Nirvana... even some MJ, some Springsteen, The Beach Boys and I've just found some Deacon Blue in there...
snow report
This would get a completely different answer if you asked the question over here, in Ireland.
latest report
@rogg, more Barry White, less metal?
snow report
You could try 'Sweetness' (Jimmy Eat World), 'Let's Dance' (David Bowie) or even 'Purple Snowflakes' (Marvin Gaye).
snow report
Prodigy, Nirvana, Faithless, Astralasia, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Evanescence, Mansun, Dreadzone to name a few. Destination Calabria cos the Folie Deuce were playing it one year when I rocked up!

I find it's not the who, but the what as some tracks are great to ski to, but some are rubbish! I have a whole playlist on my ipod called "skiing" surprisingly enough which gets refined and added to every year.
I only have it on quiet though as I like to hear stuff around me.
snow conditions
I only listen on uncrowded pistes, well within my skills (so blues/easier reds) and not on lifts or if there is other sensory deprivation – windy or foggy.
Mine is mainly Led Zeppelin, Kings of Leon, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and lots of Pink Floyd (always fun listening to ‘Learning to Fly’ arms outstretched, just looks like you’re trying to keep your balance! )
My OH says he can tell when whether I have my music on or not; better rhythm and I don’t wimp out and misjudge slightly steeper turns.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy