Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feeling glad I booked diy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok I'm going to sound smug, but i feel it!

We ummed and erred about booking last minute or doing diy to Tignes at Half term.

Today with only a week to go Thomson and Neilson are showing an almost identical apartment in the same building as we will be staying in at £1225 pp for 4 of us including flights, transfers and accommodation. £424 pp lift pass, hire and school.

We booked diy, same building but ground floor apartment,

Euro 890 for apartment
Travel £750
Ski school, ek lift pass and locker euro 1421
Ski hire total euro 210 for all 4

So total cost

DIY £3229 if assume exchange rate of £0.80 a euro

Neilson/Thomson price without the locker £6596

Only difference is we have to travel by coach but as we live near to the coach stop this is actually easier than the 2 hours to get to the airport. Total travel time a bit longer but what a cost saving! Plus 2 days extra skiing!

Half price! And it wasn't difficult to organise. Happy bunny.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jellybabe, well done. have a great time.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Generally for self catering DIY works well and you get more accommodation for your money. Always remember going self catering with crystal with 8 of us sleeping in 2 studios in Alpert d huez. The following year we had a private transfer and. A 5 bedroom apartment in sere chevalier le Bez clad in old wood that looked like a 5 star chalet for the same money per person
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Always did DIY when we had the four kids skiing with us . Worked out much cheaper and we got better self catering accommodation than we would have done with TO
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice to see the figures but surely if comparing like with like the key difference is the mode of travel and flights are always going to be more expensive than coach. I suppose you'd need to add about 1800 to your cost (if you could get flights) making it still 1.5K cheaper so all good. I never seem to be able to make DIY any cheaper than TO prices like for like.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I did it for mid march trip to sere chevalier price was a little bit cheaper but got massive amount more for money compared to a self catering al with crystal.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes you are right it is the flights to an extent but even now it would have been cheaper and I did only do the diy a month before travel. If I had booked when they first came out the flights would have been cheaper but still the 2 extra days skiing and I have paid the extra days lift passes and hire in these prices.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Was that TO price SC?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yep Neilson, Chrystal and Thomson all showing same prices for same sc accommodation(are they linked)? Same building but we have booked a specific apartment and it is on the ground floor. We know the building and there is some ok bum boarding unofficially from just off our terrace for chilled afternoons early evenings. I worked out travel times and for us it is an extra 4 hours. But some of that is on the ferry so decent dinner, duty free shopping etc and a bit of a break, plus we can ski form 12 on the first Saturday and until 4.30 on the 2nd Saturday. If it was a normal ski trip that is nearly a 3rd extra time skiing for less money. Plus no horribly early flights so once on can read and ignore the world. First time we went from Bristol, had to leave house at 1am and got to Andorra hotel at 2pm. I'm sure the coach will be tough, grim but better than changing every 2 hours and nearly as long a trip. Can't wait!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jellybabe, Take a sleeping pill, enjoy the trip and have fun.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah that will be 2 glasses of wine on the ferry! Daughter will sleep, son sleeps anywhere, first trip we went he fell asleep within 5 mins of getting on the plane and tipped scalding coffee all over a rather sensitive area! Then complained he'd had no sleep! Hey I'm paying so put up or shut up!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
which coach company are you going with? do they go from manchester i wonder?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy